Aaaaaand... I dropped my new bike today...

Chris West

Reaction score
Allow me to be the second (on this forum).
Got home after a freezing cold ride, only to fail (somehow) to kick out the prop stand correctly and simply watched her roll over FFS!!!
Broke the end off the clutch lever, scratched the side of the crank case and bar end.
none of it critical but fekin annoying :(

Stripy

Reaction score
We better stop this "trend"

Where is the "Don't like"-button when you really need it?!

Chris, sorry to hear. Poor MT (and your pride).

Snelle Snip

Reaction score
Not nice to hear this.
You're not the first but certainly not the last, that's for sure. Yamaha, let those sliders come please!
Now you've a job to do. Good luck.

Cypher

Reaction score
Allow me to be the second (on this forum).
Got home after a freezing cold ride, only to fail (somehow) to kick out the prop stand correctly and simply watched her roll over FFS!!!
Broke the end off the clutch lever, scratched the side of the crank case and bar end.
none of it critical but fekin annoying :(
NO! That sucks, mate! Having read how people have done it, I'm now very careful before letting the bike go after I put it on my side stand. Can never be too sure.

Hope you get it fixed in no time!

By the way, I have a spare clutch lever after taking it off my bike! I can send it to you if you want?

P.S.
Sorry for the late reply! For some reason the forum is marking whole threads as read even without looking at them. Highly annoying...

Stripy

Reaction score
Cypher,

I think you can set that in the settings under your profile, if it should leave all posts read, when you leave

Chris West

Reaction score
By the way, I have a spare clutch lever after taking it off my bike! I can send it to you if you want?
Thank you very much for the offer but I'm looking at it as another upgrade opportunity.
I may not have mentioned that I have also been rear ended (sub 2MPH). The 'perps' bumper was pretty chewed up between my rear wheel and the original plate holder.
Driver just simply not looking!!! SHOCKER \o/
But on a positive note, it paid fro my new Tail Tidy :)
Sh!t happens...it's how we deal with that that makes the difference ;)
MT09 Rear Ender.jpg

Cypher

Reaction score
Bloody hell! Just goes to show that you can be as careful as you want but there will always be an idiot who does something to you.

Hopefully that's all the crashes out of the way for you on this bike and you can now start enjoying riding it :)