ABS Delivery

marcusfordus

Reaction score
The eta of late December for my new bike has now become 10th Feb 2014 after my dealer contacted Yamaha for an update :(

Now that is a real downer for anyone wanting ABS, you would be better off hanging on another 20 days for the new plates to be issued !

That would for me, mean I'm not out on two wheels for a whole 4 months, damn, damn and double damn :mad:

SlanGlad

Reaction score
Cancel your order and buy the standard version instead! And with the spared bucks, just buy some cool accessories to go with it. :)

marcusfordus

Reaction score
I've been up there and done just that this afternoon. :cool: Delivery will be the next batch coming, which should be mid-January. You can still get hold of the flat grey versions at present, but if you like gold forks you have a bit of a wait !

marcusfordus

Reaction score
The dealers showroom had all the colours on display on the same podium, so you really could make a good comparison.
The Armor is the only bike to have a painted metal petrol tank (with the white stripe), and a painted front mudguard. The gold forks just top it off nicely. So in real terms you get more paint on this bike for no extra money :)

Snelle Snip

Reaction score
MT01.jpgMy MT-01 was Deep Armor and that was beautiful.
So when I get for a MT-09 it'll be an Armor. But still waiting for testing the bike, poor Belgians!!

Chris West

Reaction score
That look's pretty trick mate.
The reviews for that bike were always disappointing but I love the look.

What's your opinion?

Snelle Snip

Reaction score
I rode 4 seasons with the MT-01. Great looking, great sound. Incredibly bottom-power in all the gears! Easy to ride in a very sporty way. A real tyre-eater!!
The one thing I missed was a little bit of high end power. At about 4500 rps/min. it was all over..., a pitty.
But enjoyed every minute I rode it.

By the way: tomorrow is the big day, I can have a MT-09 ABS for a testride.:)

Dzjiepie

Reaction score
I rode 4 seasons with the MT-01. Great looking, great sound. Incredibly bottom-power in all the gears! Easy to ride in a very sporty way. A real tyre-eater!!
The one thing I missed was a little bit of high end power. At about 4500 rps/min. it was all over..., a pitty.
But enjoyed every minute I rode it.

By the way: tomorrow is the big day, I can have a MT-09 ABS for a testride.:)
Where are you going to for the testride?
I ordered my MT09 in The Netherlands two months ago, but I have never seen one in real life.
In Holland only the ABS-version will be sold.
The expected time of arrival is end of this month.

By the way: welkom op dit forum :)

For those who do not understand dutch, I said: Welcome to this forum

Snelle Snip

Reaction score
Where are you going to for the testride?
I've tested the bike this morning in Weelde (Motorweelde - close at the Dutch border) and immediately after that I signed the sales agreement. Yes :D
Ordered the Matt Grey ABS version. Delivery next week!!08 11 2013 005.jpg
So I just have to wait for a new licenseplate and I can pick it up there.

marcusfordus

Reaction score
ABS and get it next week ! I wish.

Great news for you.

How was the ABS does it have a switch to turn it off ?

Last edited:

marcusfordus

Reaction score
YOU CAN'T TURN IT OFF !

I thought that blank fitted to the left hand switchgear would have been for a switch for the ABS, maybe not then.
After having ABS on the F800GS I owned, I would have demanded a switch, you will know what I mean if you have ever ridden on gravel/loose ground and needed to use the front brake and actually stop. The ABS feels the slightest slip on the loose stuff and releases the brakes, which means no brakes just when you need them.
Yamaha must be thinking we ride on perfect tarmac/asphalt roads 100% of the time (which I don't). No switch, means no ABS for me, for definite.

Thanks for that, most helpful piece of information.

Chris West

Reaction score
I'm led to believe that by 2015, we won't be able to buy a new bike without ABS.
Nanny state strikes again :(
Personally I have no experience of it, so can't comment on that being either good or bad but I'd like the choice.

SlanGlad

Reaction score
I'm led to believe that by 2015, we won't be able to buy a new bike without ABS.
I think you're right. I've heard that in a near future, all bikes with more than 100HP will be sold in ABS version only (at least in EU).
I'd like to keep having the choice too!