According to manual, you shouldnt change the mode while bike is moving

MadGelo

Reaction score
What is the reason behind that?

My dealer told me I can do it on the move, just need to pull the clutch.

JCL270

Reaction score
Just seen that in the manual to, my yamaha dealer just said throttle off and change no need to stop. They can't be to serious or it simply wouldn't let you change mode while the bike is in gear

dapsmt09

Reaction score
I always tend to leave mine in Std, but whilst I was away up Scotland in some very heavy rain I closed the throttle and tried switching to B mode and my bike threw a paddy, made some terrible noise then just cut out. It then would not start so I turned off the ignition and back on again and it was fine.
Never done it since so i don't know if the cause was water getting in somewhere it shouldn't or changing mode!!!

Cheers daps:cool:

M

MT account

oh dear, always change mine on the go.............why cant we just have it in A all the time?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just change mine to A mode while I'm putting my helmet and gloves on...! It doesn't get changed from that till it's turned off

rob5006

Reaction score
Ease off the throttle a touch and change on the go...been doing it in all modes for the last 7000 miles...no probs!

flydnb

Reaction score
its a liability thing covers them if someone goes from b to a on sheet ice.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Ease off the throttle a touch and change on the go...been doing it in all modes for the last 7000 miles...no probs!
It shouldn't change unless throttle is closed IIRC.

rob5006

Reaction score
It shouldn't change unless throttle is closed IIRC.
Cant remember ever closing the throttle.....just ease off and press with the thumb...seems so natural..maybe i just have a slick riding style or maybe i am closing the throttle and not realising it. Will check next time out. Won't be changing anything anyway. I am at one with the bike and we love each other!

marcusfordus

Reaction score
Mine will only change on a fully closed throttle whilst riding. I tried it so it maybe its a TPS measurement .

Sent from my XT615 using Tapatalk 2

M

MT account

i switched the FZ on 1 morning and saw that it was already in A mode from the night before......it only did that once tho.....

Partridge

Reaction score
When I first got the bike I accidentally pushed the kill switch instead of the mode change button whilst pulling out of a petrol station. I was doing less than 5mph so it didn't really matter. Just laughed at my self and started the bike again. But I guess that wouldn't be so good if I was riding along at speed. Maybe that is why they say only do it at a standstill

big ade

Reaction score
i didn't read the manual either ...... change modes all the time while on the move , never had a problem.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No problems with changing on the move for me either... no wait.... hang on.... I only ride in A mode....lol

Yamahayzr500

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it's possible for the bike to always start in A, I only use A . PS my UK dealer also told me change the mode with the throttle shut I do it every time Zero problems.
Daps sounds like you may have knocked the kill switch in the process of using the changing mode button :)