AFR and TPS logging problem - need help from tuning gurus

relz

Reaction score
Hi,

I've got myself one of the FlashTune kits and want to tune my TPS/RPM table, but have run into an issue when logging the data.

The problem is that the TPS seems to have a lag, such that when I open the accelerator the TPS takes it's time to rise to the designated value, and while the TPS is changing my AFR is going all over the place so it's hard to get a proper reading (see attached TPS,RPM,AFR graphs, the highlighted yellow area is the problematic area). It only stabilises to the required value after a few seconds at around 6K-7K rpm, so I don't have reliable readings in the lower RPM range where it's needed the most
bad tps log 1.jpg ------------------------------------------------ bad tps log 2.jpg

Any ideas what could be causing my TPS to rise gradually instead of instantly?

I did test the TPS using the diag menu and in that case the TPS opened and closed almost instantly, so it must be related to the fact that the engine is running, or the load or something.

Last edited:

RipGroove

Reaction score
Hi,

I've got myself one of the FlashTune kits and want to tune my TPS/RPM table, but have run into an issue when logging the data.

For logging purposes I've created some throttle maps which restrict the TPS to predefined levels, so I can log the AFR for a specific throttle position. I've set my throttle maps such that the TPS should open up to designated values regardless of RPM such that it's the same value over all RPM range, so I don't expect it to gradually open (see example of attached throttle map).
View attachment 4179

The problem is that the TPS seems to have a lag, such that when I whack open the accelerator the TPS takes it's time to rise to the designated value, and while the TPS is changing my AFR is going all over the place so it's hard to get a proper reading (see attached TPS,RPM,AFR graphs, the highlighted yellow area is the problematic area). It only stabilises to the required value after a few seconds at around 6K-7K rpm, so I don't have reliable readings in the lower RPM range where it's needed the most
View attachment 4180 ------------------------------------------------ View attachment 4181

Any ideas what could be causing my TPS to rise gradually instead of instantly?

I did test the TPS using the diag menu and in that case the TPS opened and closed almost instantly, so it must be related to the fact that the engine is running, or the load or something.
Post the same question on FZ09.org

Sent from my iPhone 