Akra TI Baffle Removal

Tropicocity

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I purchased my MT09 last week from a dealer around 35 miles away from me, and it came with the baffle out (was given the baffle to take home). After riding it for a little over a week I decided it's pretty damn loud and wanted to see what it's like with the baffle in.
Long story short, after a lot of GT-85, a small piece of wood, a towel and a hammer, I've managed to get the baffle mostly in, but it's still not aligned to the screw correctly.
I don't think it will fall out, but I'd obviously either like the screw to be in for safety, or the baffle removed again, but I can't do it myself as I'm far too inexperienced.

My local Yam dealer (Infinity Motorcycles in Clapham) gave it a quick try with some pliers but couldn't budge it, and apparently are told by yamaha that they should take the entire can off to take it out or put it in.
The mechanic said they might end up charging me half an hour's labour to try and get it in or out, but I'd rather not waste £30-35 just having the baffle put in another few mm or taken out.

Is there anyone in the Greater London area (I'm in SW19) that's found an easy way to get theirs in and out, and wouldn't mind helping me out at some point? I'll obviously travel to you, can give you a bit of cash for your trouble if needed.

Thanks in advance!

Colton123

Reaction score
U will have to take the end can off mate and knock it out. then file the baffle down so it comes in and out easily that's how I did mine.

Tropicocity

Reaction score
U will have to take the end can off mate and knock it out. then file the baffle down so it comes in and out easily that's how I did mine.
Thanks for the reply :) I'm really useless with it all, wouldn't know where to start in taking the can off without breaking something to be honest!

Swagger

Reaction score
Do you have a friendly local garage near to you? If so, they should have a 20mm blind bearing puller ... you just pop it into one of the three pipes (the lower one is best) and use the slide hammer to pull it out. Takes seconds. image.jpg

Tropicocity

Reaction score
Do you have a friendly local garage near to you? If so, they should have a 20mm blind bearing puller ... you just pop it into one of the three pipes (the lower one is best) and use the slide hammer to pull it out. Takes seconds.
The only friendly local garage I know does cars only - would they have one? Definitely going to get the circular part filed down once it's out, absolute nightmare getting it in!

edit: Also still looking for someone in the South London/Surrey area to give me a hand with it if possible. Cheers.

Last edited:

Clint Kingston

Reaction score
2 bolts and 2 springs, and the end pipe comes off. It's not difficult.