Alterations to Tracer

drumwrecker

Reaction score
I have a VFR VTEC with an LSL top yoke and high bars thinking it would be more comfortable than it is. I recently bought a K1300s and found it very comfortable. But it is an expensive bike to have go wrong. I have always liked the idea of the Yam tripple engine so am looking at ways of lowering the bike and fitting bars with more forward lean, in other words turning it into a sports tourer. I think it would be long wait for Yamaha to produce one as they are not a popular type of bike these days. BMW have stopped production of the K1300s so one less sports tourer on the market.
Any ideas of the feasibility of this?

otaylor38

Reaction score
Hey.

Do you not find the bike comfortable enough as it is? I find the positioning great personally.

Have you bought a Tracer then? Ridden one for an extended time or just thinking at this stage?

trevorleigh

Reaction score
I have a VFR VTEC with an LSL top yoke and high bars thinking it would be more comfortable than it is. I recently bought a K1300s and found it very comfortable. But it is an expensive bike to have go wrong. I have always liked the idea of the Yam tripple engine so am looking at ways of lowering the bike and fitting bars with more forward lean, in other words turning it into a sports tourer. I think it would be long wait for Yamaha to produce one as they are not a popular type of bike these days. BMW have stopped production of the K1300s so one less sports tourer on the market.
Any ideas of the feasibility of this?
It is east to lower the tracer about 25mm with the Yamaha lower dog bones (about £30), and if need need it lower still can get the low seat (another 30mm) as a shorty I have both fitted to mine. I am happy with the standard bars although I have push them a little give give me more lean, if anything I would get some a bit narrower. I may actually try the bars of my MT09 as they are 30mm shorter and see what that is like. But it sure is a great bike, did 1600 miles to and around Scotland in 6 days back in the summer on it.