Arrow System

Davy

Reaction score
Yep..

arrow.jpg

haven't fitted the CAT and the DB killer is still in as it's too loud with it out ;)

Davy

Reaction score
Waiting on the wind to die down a bit so thought I'd do a sound check on the Arrow for anyone interested

[video=youtube_share;b3tz_Y4bpAA]https://youtu.be/b3tz_Y4bpAA[/video]

CT/

Reaction score
Waiting on the wind to die down a bit so thought I'd do a sound check on the Arrow for anyone interested

[video=youtube_share;b3tz_Y4bpAA]https://youtu.be/b3tz_Y4bpAA[/video]
Davy , any particular reason why you went for the Arrows instead of the Akrapovic ?

Davy

Reaction score
Hi CT

There were a few reasons, I think my main one was I don't like the look of the downpipes on the Akra, the same on the Ti or Carbon. The Arrow headers follow the line of the bike where you can get your arm between the pipes and the engine on the Akra.

Then there is the issue of the Akra Ti bottoming out and getting damaged, I've seen a few on here and on ebay, the Arrow sits higher and I can bump up a kerb without worrying if I'm going to damage it.

Another reason, not so important though, I've noticed most riders think the Akra Ti sounds great but a little too quiet and are modifying the DB killer, the Arrow is plenty loud enough without messing with it.

I suppose price did come into it too, although I could've had a second hand Ti for a similar price I paid for the Arrow from our friends in Italy.

All that said the Arrow was a compromise, what I really wanted was a Spark Exhaust System but I couldn't find out enough about them but it does look cool as fcuk :D

CT/

Reaction score
Hi CT

There were a few reasons, I think my main one was I don't like the look of the downpipes on the Akra, the same on the Ti or Carbon. The Arrow headers follow the line of the bike where you can get your arm between the pipes and the engine on the Akra.

Then there is the issue of the Akra Ti bottoming out and getting damaged, I've seen a few on here and on ebay, the Arrow sits higher and I can bump up a kerb without worrying if I'm going to damage it.

Another reason, not so important though, I've noticed most riders think the Akra Ti sounds great but a little too quiet and are modifying the DB killer, the Arrow is plenty loud enough without messing with it.

I suppose price did come into it too, although I could've had a second hand Ti for a similar price I paid for the Arrow from our friends in Italy.

All that said the Arrow was a compromise, what I really wanted was a Spark Exhaust System but I couldn't find out enough about them but it does look cool as fcuk :D
Thanks for that dude,,,i,m lookin for a sustem soon an was looking at either akra or the arrows, think you mite have swayed it

anthony1979

Reaction score
I'm also really torn between the Akrapovic carbon and the arrow.. I just can't seem to decide which one to splash the cash on. I love the headers on the arrow but love the loop and the can on the Akra.. Both sound great with baffles in and out. How does the quality of materials compare in the two?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
...I don't like the look of the downpipes on the Akra, the same on the Ti or Carbon. The Arrow headers follow the line of the bike where you can get your arm between the pipes and the engine on the Akra.

...Then there is the issue of the Akra Ti bottoming out and getting damaged...the Arrow sits higher...

...the Spark Exhaust but I couldn't find out enough about them...
My sentiment entirely. I had decided on the Ti Akro. It's a shame the headers don't follow the engine line. Don't suppose you ever find any reviews, owner feedback on the Spark exhaust?

Davy

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply Fulfilled, I didn't follow up on the Spark system once I'd spent the cash on the Arrow.

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
No worries, Davy. Like you, I haven't found any owner reviews or feedback for the Spark. R&G, the sole UK distributor, doesn't even know the dB levels. Spark themselves haven't responded to my requests for info. Firstly, I'd decided on the carbon Akro, then the titanium, but dismissed both because of the way the headers don't follow the engine shape (and that gap). Then it was the Yoshi R77 - dismissed as too fat - now the SP Engineering Moto GP Xtreme, and the titanium Arrow that's top of the list. I know the Arrow will meet most track dB limits, but not convinced the SP will, as they don't have figures themselves, well, not that they're prepared to put in writing in any case.

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply Fulfilled, I didn't follow up on the Spark system once I'd spent the cash on the Arrow.
I've heard back from Spark. Their system is quieter than the OEM exhaust. Standard is 94dB at static speed (5000rpm), whilst the Spark full system is 93dB. Both these are with baffle in. They don't have dB levels with baffles out, but I assume is still marginally quieter than stock. That is a definite no-go for me! Arrow or SP (as long as it's less than 105dB) it is then.

Last edited:

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
How often do you crash the rear-right side of your bikes ? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:!!!
I refer to the below as high level exhausts, and yes, given their exposed position, believe them to be at greater risk of damage. Not necessarily, as you say, crashing the rear right hand side of the bike (it won't fair well if the bike goes down on that side in any case), but particularly when in motorcycle parking bays. I've seen it all too many times - gorgeous cans scratched, dented and generally battered when they're exposed as these are:

http://https://goo.gl/images/MkWd52

Last edited: