Bike Insurance

rob5006

Reaction score
Went to change over my bike insurance today and telephoned Express Insurance.
I felt like i was disturbing the female operator and got the impression there was an office party going on in the back-ground-could hardly hear a word.
Really didn't appreciate being treated like a piece of meat(Poor inter-personal skills, abrupt, time of the month type! ) and found the insurance far too high.
I entered my new details and bike on the Go Compare site and found some good deals.
I changed my insurance, saved a fortune, and .....got treated like a human being!

The moral of this story is... Shop around and see if you can get a better deal rather than hope your existing insurer appreciates your custom and loyalty.
You have nothing to lose and quids to gain !
The market changes from year to year and insurers who may have given you a crap deal last year, may give you a much better one this year.(As was the case with myself) Back with Swinton now.
Make these people fight for your custom.
If you are not happy with their service-get rid of them !

Hope this helps.
Rob

stevecbr

Reaction score
I had a problem with Bennetts last week when I bought the MT09. Already had a policy for the XR400 with them, just wanted to add the MT09 on a dual bike policy. They didnt have the MT on their list of bikes, so couldnt quote! REcommended I cancel my insurance and go somewhere else!
The cheapest option for me was fully comp with Carole Nash for the MT09, 5 years NCD for £150. For the XR I went back to Bennetts, £70 f+t but 0 NCD (you can only use your NCD on one policy)

Spot

Reaction score
I always check the comparison sites at renewal time but for the last few years ebike have had the best deals for me. Also they do a multibike policy and it's a doddle to manage your account online.
I hate to sound like a salesman for them (and the proof of how good they are is when you have to claim - which i've never had to do) but so far i'm very pleased with ebike.