Byebye Dunlops....

Tropicocity

Reaction score
So after taking my temporarily repaired tyre (thankyou Mr 2 inch nail!) to get a permanent fix, I was advised that the wear on my stock tyres (Dunlop D214s) was more or less at the tread line and would likely be illegal in a few hundred miles.. so I took it to originally just replace that tyre, but ended up replacing both of them with a pair of Angel STs :D
The stock tyres really must be shit, the bike has only done 3500 miles! Look at that gorgeous thing :)^779B05F2D78130E4B9320AD857E5191C5D3FE3404A29EACFC9^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

Attachments

Locksmith

Reaction score
I got 2800 miles from my first S20.
Stuck with S20's though as I like them.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
I got 2200 miles on the Dunlops, now running PR4's already have 2500 miles on them and they still look like new. 1900 miles of that was on pretty much M/Ways as I had a run up to N Ireland from SW France and back again. No sign of them even showing any squaring off either, well pleased.

Unfazed

Reaction score
So I went to my tyre man today and asked him about Roadtec 01's

What he said is that he's sold countless PR4's and 3 sets of RT 01's and has had no feedback so can't comment

I've been going there for donkeys

Having had 2 sets of PR 4's and never got to the end of their grip, including many soaking wet days in the mountains when the ABS never chipped in at all, another set of PR 4's for me until I get some positive feed back from real riders

Unfazed

Reaction score
Well, we all know motorbike journos aren't real riders,,, and I'm sure some of the reviews are a load of wank

Take the Bridgestone T30 for instance. After glowing reports on it in the "press" I put one on the front of my Fazer and it squared off in 3000 miles,,,, went back to 023's

Unfazed

Reaction score
So, got new PR4's on this morning as the front Dunlop had a screw through it when I got home last night,

Weird thing is the suspension feels more compliant, like the side walls on the Michelins are softer?

chump

Reaction score
Funny that. I went from a D214 to an S20 on the rear for the same reason and now the rear feels rock hard in comparison.

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
...S20 on the rear for the same reason and now the rear feels rock hard in comparison.
The S20's are hard - take a good while to heat up it seems. I'm on the stock rubber. Corse II or III's next though. The Battlax S20 is a tyre with a very good rep by all accounts, though.