Can some one do me a favour

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Hi folks can someone do me a favour. Check to see how you change the odometer from MPH to KPH.
Reason for asking is I am sure it can be done on a UK model bike, but as my bike was for the EU market I do not think it is possible.
I have asked on the MT09 FB page France and the replies I have had have been mixed.
I remember on my FZ1 which was a UK bike it was possible but on my Spanish FZ600 S-2 it was not possible.
The methods I have been told to try are
(1) Ignition on, toggle the display until the odometer is reading total Miles/Kms covered.
(2) depress the select button for at least 3 seconds and it should change from one to the other, Miles to Kilometers.
Some one else has said try it with the reset button neither seems to work, so I am thinking it is not possible on an EU marketed bike.
Cheers in advance
Lew

Toppie

Reaction score
Maybe this can be of help. I live in Ireland but bought the bike in the UK.
I can easily switch between MPH-KPH Perhaps yours is a slightly different spec: See bottom right = Unit

MT-09 001.jpg

Last edited:

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Hi Toppie, thanks for you reply mate , looks like I am screwed, have tried everything. It was the same with my FZ600 I bought new in Spain could not flick from one to the other. I do not know why they make a bike like this. Let's face it how much more would it cost to fit this feature as standard. Only reason I wanted it as this will be my second trip back over to the UK and Ireland this year. I have my sat nav which obviously I can set up for either BUT who wants the sat nav mounted all the time when I know were I am going.