Clint from Sydney, Australia.

Clint Kingston

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been lurking around for some time now and thought I should register.

The forum has been great for mod ideas and seeing what other people have done in particular opinions on different products. I found this site simply by googling.

I have owned my matte grey MT-09 for almost a year now and I am very happy with it. I bought the MT to compliment my VFR1200 which is great for touring and a good fang but is huge and cumbersome for local trips or ducking down the shops.

So far I have done the following mods:
- Titanium Akrapovic
- Rizoma Lux grips
- Rizoma flat bar end caps
- Rizoma Circuit 744 mirrors
- ASV Short levers
- HEL braided hoses with red banjo's (matches the red on the grips and the adjuster on the levers)
- Pyramid plastics rear seat cowl and side infill panels
- R&G pillion peg blanking plates ( sanded them back and repainted them to remove branding
- SMoto radiator guard one stone dent to late (removed branding)
- Relocated horn to left air scoop - Very big thank you to this forum and whoever's idea that was
- Removed peg feelers
- Declined the Factory ECU Flash I love the bike the way it is start the bike and straight into "A" mode.
- Yoshimura fender eliminator (I think this is the best tail tidy hands down it also retains the lock cover)
- LED indicators front and back (just some cheap ones I picked up that matched the rear taillight)

I think that cover most the mods I have done, I have a Black number plate on order which will finish off tidying up the rear end, and I have been contemplating an air horn concealed probably under the seat in the gap in front of the battery controlled with a screaming banshee controller so I can use the regular horn for a friendly toot and then hold the button down to activate the air horn

here is the latest pick of the MT-09 taken yesterday after I fitted the tail tidy

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

Hope to get some more ideas for the MT and hear about what you guys have done to yours.

Last edited:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Firstly welcome to the mad house. Secondly very nice touches to the bike. I do love a bit of originality. Enjoy the forum and please play nice.

Clint Kingston

Reaction score
I've been reading a lot of the threads and think I have a good feel for the vibe of this place, and will certainly play nice. I hope to be able to help others out with my knowledge to.

lee1980

Reaction score
Welcome, very nice mods, luv the garage to looks huge lol mine is like tiny one car size so cramped!

kevxtx

Reaction score
Welcome mate, a great list of mods.