Crash Protection

Dutchy

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Brand new to the forum and just firing off a question.
I've been looking at crash protection and thinking of either the T-rex set (despite the FZ-09 text) or combine the T-rex covers with SW-motech crash protector (looks the best from all different styles I'd say). I might be looking at a belly pan at some stage, will this interfere with the covers?? Or would a belly pan help protect the engine casing already (or rip straight off)?
Handlebars are on the wish list too, I noticed a thread with the Renthals (which i had on my CB900) but never found out what model/rise. And how had would it be getting the pins lined up with the holes you have to drill in the bar???
Cheers!
Dutchy

shigidar

Reaction score
Well ,just had a crash ...
the bike fell on thr right side, both the crank ( clutch) cover and oil pump cover are gone, also some dents on the radiator and the worse is "injured" right shock. so YES crash protection is a must on this bike.
the accident was at about 60 km/h not to fast and the bike dragged only like 5-10 meters. On my older bikes after a crash like that i would get on the bike and ride home with paint damages only.

shigidar

Reaction score
the crash was totally my fault. Entered a traffic circle i think it called roundabout in the UK :) and hasn't decided where to go. the side walk was close and i climbed it the gas hand snapped and i drove into the security fence that pushed me back on the road for a 5-10 meter slide ...
Still don't sure what crash protection will i get