db killer in or out thread

sigtrm

Reaction score
Akrapovic Carbon - I do not even know how it sounds with db killer in, I took it off before fitting exhaust ;-)

boro

Reaction score
Akra Carbon took it out before I even fitted it, so no idea what it sounds like with it in.

adam

Reaction score
Carbon akra without db killer + earplugs

lee1980

Reaction score
Arrow with db killer in, and with out the optional CAT its sure loud enough for me and enough to wake people up on the morning commute, Might try in summer with it out just to see how loud it is, got me some circlip pliers so hope it just pops out but doubt it will lol.

I have a hearing loss and tinnitus so always wear ear plugs, even with them in well sealed its loud lol!

Jess Wright

Reaction score
Was out for a ride with a load of the guys a few days back and they decided mine akra carbon won't be better with db killer out . So while out we took it out . It's been or sorry had been out for a few days till this morning when I put it back in and that's howits staying .

Personally it's just to load with it out .

Locksmith

Reaction score
Completely standard for me.
When out "playing" I don't want the whole of the County hearing what I'm up to!

Besides the induction roar gives me goose bumps and only I can hear that :)

MTom

Reaction score
My Akra db is in and seems loud enough for me. For my neighbours sake ill leave it in.

sigtrm

Reaction score
Carbon akra without db killer + earplugs
What helmet do you use? Because it doesn't bother me, the sound. I never thought about ear plugs. Maybe I am def already?;)

adam

Reaction score
Shark speed r sauer. Its a noisy helmet. I ran it for a week without earplugs and it was droning.
With the db killer in my dad said you couldn't hear it if in traffic, obviously acceleration adds noise for open roads. Safer option

boro

Reaction score
What helmet do you use? Because it doesn't bother me, the sound. I never thought about ear plugs. Maybe I am def already?;)
The thing about hearing loss is that it is progressive so you don't know it's getting worse.
I have an AGV Horizon and a HJC IS-16, but I've always worn ear plugs on every ride, just habit.
No problem listening to the Sena20s with the plugs in.

alan_manic

Reaction score
I've got the Shark Speed R Blank. I get a bit of wind noise also so ride with earplugs... rather not regret it later in life.

Back to the db killer. I refitted it and went for a blast yesterday but felt the bike didn't perform as well.... maybe with less noise it seems slower?

I see Yamaha are now offering the MT09 with a free akrapovic and cat. I got mine fitted from new at the dealers last year. I'm wondering would mine be fitted with the catalytic converter too?

lee1980

Reaction score
I saw today having first service at dealer free akra was carbon to with db killer, though looks really long the end can compared to my arrow, the arrow must be louder still!
With hearing you don't want tinnitus once it's there all time never get rid of it!!!!

Fluke

Reaction score
I've got the Two Brothers S1R with the quietest 'power tip' (this is what they call their db killer).
Even with it in it's really noisy. I've got a bluetooth headset for listening to music when I ride and I struggle to hear it over the racket.
One day I'll take it out to hear what it's like but I can't imagine I'll leave it out unless I'm wearing ear plugs.
Deafening though it is, I love it! Especially when it's spitting flames.

Swagger

Reaction score
Dropped by the dealership this arvo ... bikes all prepped and ready for delivery later in the week. They've already removed the baffle ... they know I'd have done it as soon as I got my grubby paws on it. :D