DIY fork and swingarm protectors

stevecbr

Reaction score
Fitted my DIY fork and swingarm protectors today.
I already have cotton reel bobbins for my paddock stand, the protectors are just for extra protection.
I bought 4 roller skate stoppers in black (they have every colour available, and are smaller than skateboard wheels) for £2 each
And a 1meter threaded rod for 65p (I had the nylock nuts at home)
20140403180356_SAM_0060.jpg20140403180135_SAM_0055.jpg20140403180206_SAM_0056.jpg

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
More for falling over or very slow low side. If I crash when out with mates, changes are it will be a biggie and bike will be totalled anyway
Fair one. I see ur point. Sometimes it's the silly slow mo low sides (try saying that after a few sherbets)! Lol that cause the most damage.

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

Facebook:-
www.facebook.com/spudrees

MOZSIPAHI

Reaction score
I am interested to put a couple on my bike, but how did u fit them?

Fitted my DIY fork and swingarm protectors today.
I already have cotton reel bobbins for my paddock stand, the protectors are just for extra protection.
I bought 4 roller skate stoppers in black (they have every colour available, and are smaller than skateboard wheels) for £2 each
And a 1meter threaded rod for 65p (I had the nylock nuts at home)
View attachment 951View attachment 952View attachment 953

stevecbr

Reaction score
The wheel spindles are hollow. Buy a 1 meter threaded bar and 4 nuts and washers, and whatever colour skateboard wheels or stoppers you prefer. Cut the threaded bar to the correct length, and attach the nuts and washers. Very simple and cheap to do

MOZSIPAHI

Reaction score
Thx, I will try. How can u be sure that the bar is strong enough as original :)

The wheel spindles are hollow. Buy a 1 meter threaded bar and 4 nuts and washers, and whatever colour skateboard wheels or stoppers you prefer. Cut the threaded bar to the correct length, and attach the nuts and washers. Very simple and cheap to do

the voices

Reaction score
I think they look fine ive always gone for the big sliders and nearly every bike ive smashed ends up with a bloody big dent in the tank/ crank case smashed or a broken wheel like steve says they will save a minor drop but nothing saves a big crash nice one steve ive got the threaded bar ready.

M

MT account

i went with the skate wheels simply for parking as those dumbasses park scooters right next to my bike and their sharp metal numberplates are always skagging swing arms or forklegs. the paint scratches real easy on the swing arm and on the rims......
20140616_124405.jpg