Do you do the dangle?

pipski99

Reaction score
Just wondered if any of you guys "Do the dangle" as in hang a leg off and brush the floor with your foot when you corner on your MT.

My dealer told me when I took my courtesy bike back that the MT is "supposed" to be ridden like a supermoto with a foot down in the corners whereas the Z1000 courtesy bike was meant to be cornered with feet on pegs and knee down like a traditional sports bike.

I'm not in to the supermoto style of riding so I always keep my feet on the pegs

jasonk

Reaction score
Personally, No.

Even when I had my Husky SM610 I didn't ride foot forward. I could never get comfortable with it.

There is a difference between Rossi's dangle and Super Moto foot forward though. Foot forward SM normally wouldn't touch the floor - it is a dirt bike derived technique and would cause a lot of damage were it to catch on anything, whereas I've often seen some track riders touching their foot to the floor.

I ride the MT leant forward, if anything. Always feet on pegs.

:)

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Same as. I keep my feet on the pegs. In actual fact, I'm on my 2nd pair of toes sliders because I keep forgetting how easy it is to lean the MT on roundabouts etc.

Yamaha say it can be leant over to 51 degrees which is the same lean angle as an R6. Where's the super moto style in that then lol

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

M

MT account

i spend a lot of time doing the dangle, its the only way to get cool air up to the veggitaylia...my boots actually fill with sweat in the hot season.