Dual headlamps mod, quick release windscreen

FZ Speed Triple

Reaction score
Decided to go with a retro / speed triple look - the original light was a little too "transformers" for me so grabbed a welder and some beers....errr, maybe I grabbed the beers first...hmmmm

What's cool is that I didn't have to cut anything original so I can put entire old assembly back on in 15 minutes if I needed to.....but that's up to the next owner, I think it looks sweet

Next up, I'm going fab a shroud cover for the wires that will have a mounting bracket for a quick release windshield. I only need the windshield a couple times a month so I want something that goes on and off in 10 seconds w/o screws. More to come :D

crotchrocket

Reaction score
Looks good! I'd be tempted to put some grills over the lights, like the Buel XB9 or XB12

Birdy

Reaction score
Said it before, but got to admire the yanks, they not scared of attacking new bikes! lol When i start fiddling about with bikes they are usually (A) over 10 years old (B) painted matt black (C) scrapped :eek:

Twozup

Reaction score
Said it before, but got to admire the yanks, they not scared of attacking new bikes! lol When i start fiddling about with bikes they are usually (A) over 10 years old (B) painted matt black (C) scrapped :eek:
Yeah hats off to Sherman!
I couldn't bring myself to chop a brand new bike
Much prefer the look if original unit but kudos to you for having the balls to make it look more triumph!

Click [HERE] then {HERE}

Cypher

Reaction score
Well done but for me personally the headlamp was one of the reasons why I didn't get the Triple. I hate the look of it but love the bull-ish looking one of MT-09.
What matters though is what you like and you've done a good job :)