Dudley from Oz mods

Kimmie

Reaction score
Rather than listing in everyone else threads for their mods, thought I'd post all the mods I've done to mine here on one place.
His name by the way is Dudley.......came about cos of his Shiny Red Uniform & Chisled Good Looks (if you are of the correct vintage you'll remember Dudley Do-Right of the Royal Mounty Police).

First things when I got home with Dudley, hubby installed the lowering links (too hard to get a pic) and dropped the forks through the triple 10mm.
I installed his radiator guard (both genuine Yamaha parts). The Y-Shop here in OZ has parts for reasonable prices (given the current exchange rate).

Dudley 4.jpg

Ram Mounts are your friend on the bars and these were used to mount the SPOT Satellite Tracker (which when you do a lot of long distance riding in Oz like I do and on my own is a must). Also used these to mount the Garmin Zumo 660 GPS. Hubby did the electrical work to wire the GPS through.

20151025_102245a.jpg

The most friendly Yamaha dealership in Penrith NSW - Excite Motorcycles were of great assistance when it came to obtaining the Genuine Yamaha Touring Tank Bag and quick release tank ring.

20151025_121522a.jpg

Factory Yamaha fully integrated heated grips were installed as part of the purchase deal.

Kimmie

Reaction score
Next, ah! Dudley came with a bonus.....the Yamaha top box rack already installed. Now I know all the literature says you can't (shouldn't) run a top box combined with the panniers but hey, they make the part, they just won't sell you the top box. After considerable research all the brackets are load limited to a ridiculously small capacity and after running top top box and bags on all my bikes, the manufacturers are, after all, really only covering their butts.

We had a spare GIVI universal adapter plate off another bike and I thought why not modify this to fit..... a light bulb moment for me (considering hubby is the aero engineer).

Removed the top plate of the Yamaha rack and place fit the GIVI plate. All the holes don't line up, so we have to drill through the front of the Yamaha base plate to secure. Under the plate to support the void and add security, I had to make a spacer (first time hubby has let me use the lathe) and I made them myself (with a little help from him).

20151025_114606a.jpg and the Spacers 20151025_115944a.jpg

Here are the spacers sitting on the Yamaha base plate.

20151025_115910a.jpg

Kimmie

Reaction score
Attached everything borrowed hubby's GIVI Trekker 52 top box for the pic (as I don't have top box for Dudley yet) and you have the finished result.

20151025_121443a.jpg 20151025_121503a.jpg

An "AIRHawk" on the seat and a Ventura Seat Bag for the pillion seat (which currently carries all my tools and wet gear) and Dudley is ready for Long Distance riding Oz style.

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
I think it's fair to say that your Tracer is most certainly kitted out for riding, Oz-style distance riding. Let's face it, there isn't a short version!

I remember seeing early re-runs of Dudley Do-Right. Same era as Penelope Pitstop IIRC.