f***ing gutted

Reaction score
Well after two test rides my deposit was placed.
The dealer rang yesterday, I got all excited when I saw his number thinking he was gonna say its here!!!!!!
Next came a big kick in the nuts.
"Sorry black horse don't do the Yamaha PCP in the isle of man"

Not impressed.

Cheers daps

Stripy

Reaction score
"Why", would be my immediate reaction.
Btw, what is a "PCP"?

Why? Because Isle of Man is tax heaven, and excluded from English law and government.
PCP is a kind of leasing, with a guaranteed future value of the vehicle.
Should the market drop, its not your problem if the bike is only worth a penny, you just hand back the key and wave goodbye.
More info on PCP here

As it is only the offset you pay interest on, the monthly payments will be lower. It will usually run 2-3 years, then you can swap to a new bike; but most likely only the original dealer will give a better price, if you buy from him again, making the "over value" your deposit on the new vehicle.
However, you will never retain ownership, unless you pay out the outstanding finance, including the GFV (Guaranteed future value) and the interest on this.

Last edited:
Reaction score
We only have one Yamaha dealer in the isle of man and theres nothing they can do about the PCP I'm afraid. I could always come across and get one from the UK but I think I will wait and sell my RSV4 in the Spring and get one then if I can wait that long that is.
Cheers daps.

Reaction score
Oh right, well I know Paul well, so I will ask him about that when he gets back from his hols. Its Road and Track motorcycles which is the Yamaha dealer over here though.
What made it worse is that my Mt09 tank pad arrived today from eBay ha ha.
Cheers daps.

Reaction score
daps I have followed this sad tale and I am gutted for you too, many years ago I went to pick up a bike only to be told I could not have it because of something my late father had done (years before on a hp agreement) work the problem find a way have you considered selling an organ or maybe medical trials, got to be worth a try now you have that tank pad.

Reaction score
Thanks flyin circus,
I've placed my shiny mt09 tank pad next to my shiny new tax disc holder.
Needless to say I will get a mt09 its just a matter of when. As soon as I get my rsv4 up and running I will either trade her in or sell it private and get one.

The more I read about them the more I want one.

Enjoy daps.

Reaction score
Ain't so gutted now, just bought a race blu mt09 from Kieth Dixon m/c in Accrington.
Just gotta get over now , pick her up and lavish her with trick gifts.

Cheers daps.

Reaction score
Thanks, glad its all sorted finally, I could not wait till Spring when they will prob be dearer and have abs.
Lodgings TT week is cool, I will do a special rate for fellow MT09 owners,lol.

Got my r+g paddock stand bobbins on order and gonna go for their tail tidy as well because it looks pretty neat..
Cheers daps.