Factory rear rack

stef998

Reaction score
Just fitted my factory rear rack with the intention of fitting a universal mount and top box only to find yamaha says it is not designed to take a top box anybody using one with a box and any issues cheers.

Scraggydog64

Reaction score
Just fitted my factory rear rack with the intention of fitting a universal mount and top box only to find yamaha says it is not designed to take a top box anybody using one with a box and any issues cheers.
I've got my Oxford 46(?) litre top box on mine, the size that takes two helmets. Used it with the panniers as well with no problems. Yamaha suggest you don't do this. Manufacturers have to guard against the idiots for fear of being sued in this nanny state we live in. Just use some common sense and don't over load the top box because all of the weight is in the wrong place to affect the bike's handling. I was doing100+ with my box on and didn't know it was there. The tracer rack looks like a solid piece of kit to me. Well pleased with mine.

stef998

Reaction score
Cheers Scragg gonna go out and buy a cheap top box and plate tomorrow and try it.

chippy

Reaction score
Givi makes a top box rack,for the tracer,got one fitted on mine,cheaper than Yamahas luggage rack.,works great.

Toine

Reaction score
planning to fit Krauser K-Wing on the factory rack

I ordered a factory rack.
After installation I will bolt a Krauser K-wing on top of it for my K5 top case.

K5.jpg
Still playing with the thought for a more "millitary style" satin black aloy box type case tho

like:
trax.jpg

Space versus style.... Mmm