Fekkin salesman

Locksmith

Reaction score
How long does it take a dealer to register a bike so it can hit the road?

My MT has arrived a dealers yet they want a week to "get it on the system" once I've paid for it, so I paid for it the same afternoon.

"we need the insurance details so we can start to get it on the system"

The next morning, early, I emailed my insurance over pronto with a shake your ass letter and some six and a half hours later I phone and he hasn't even seen the email :mad:

Talk about bite your lip, I bit so hard it bled to save me losing it and producing a fountain of foul language which would have got me no where!! :eek:

Never mind, this time next week all will be forgotten :cool:

Bought several new bikes and cars over the years and it's always the dealer hassling me to get it off their forecourt!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That wud seriously do my head in. At least it's coming tho.

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

misscrabstick

Reaction score
Ordered mine 500 quid deposit put down, went home transfeered the balance via online banking, organised insurance emailed certificate, 2 days later collected and rode off into the sunset.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ordered mine 500 quid deposit put down, went home transfeered the balance via online banking, organised insurance emailed certificate, 2 days later collected and rode off into the sunset.
I did the same thing. Took a couple of days to get it registered, taxed and PDI'd.

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

Cypher

Reaction score
I went to the store, put the deposit down, went home, bought the insurance, forwarded the documents to the shop, 2 days later rode off into the sunset. Soaking wet...

marcusfordus

Reaction score
Less than an hour, honest.

With the mishap on mt no1 on collection day, they had to earn their money and from me walking in and transferring the cash took an hour and riding a newer one off. So someone is gaining from you not taking the bike sooner. Weekly/ monthly sales targets ?

Sent from my XT615 using Tapatalk 2

mirdif64

Reaction score
How long does it take a dealer to register a bike so it can hit the road?

My MT has arrived a dealers yet they want a week to "get it on the system" once I've paid for it, so I paid for it the same afternoon.

"we need the insurance details so we can start to get it on the system"

The next morning, early, I emailed my insurance over pronto with a shake your ass letter and some six and a half hours later I phone and he hasn't even seen the email :mad:

Talk about bite your lip, I bit so hard it bled to save me losing it and producing a fountain of foul language which would have got me no where!! :eek:

Never mind, this time next week all will be forgotten :cool:

Bought several new bikes and cars over the years and it's always the dealer hassling me to get it off their forecourt!
Send an e-mail to the MD stating that you want your money back to give to another dealer. That should do it.

Locksmith

Reaction score
I think it's the divvy salesman, he's a lovely guy but seems so slow.
I could jump up and down and throw my toys out of the pram but in reality, I can't use it till Sunday week at the earliest - unless it's raining! - I'm using this dealer purely for convenience as it's local so I need to go back in there and they serve me :lol

The chill pill has kicked in so I'll enjoy my nightly dreams of riding my MT into the sunset for a couple more days :)

Anyhow I can always ride my FZ1 if I need too :cool: