Finally after the newyear pick up

lee1980

Reaction score
My MT-09 today! Yay and at mo not raining but wet roads. Orange Abs with full arrow system dark alloy can.

Been a while since before xmas since had a bike. Previous bike was written off in October.

Locksmith

Reaction score
Mind those new tyres on cold wet roads, keep it out of A mode !!

ToastedBlue

Reaction score
have fun Lee...

if it's form Fowlers (I pressume as you're in Brizzle) check the bike over before you leave, especially the tyre pressures and chain tension

flipper

Reaction score
enjoy. as said check the chain - it will be too tight. take it easy!

lee1980

Reaction score
Thanks all, chain does feel tight but find all dealers seem to like em tight!
Only road home had to be somewhere sadly, bike is pretty dirty after only a few miles doh, mainly front rad and engine, whats best way to clean the arrow headers?
Mental where lock for seat is to! And it doesnt look very well sealed under there, seems mad to have so many different pieces and joins under the seat. Can clearly see why one will have a wet back lol!!

Great ride and i really feel comfy and so natural on it. Rode home in B mode still goes very well!

Now waiting on Evotech rad cover and crash bungs and pillion peg plate things.

Wooohooo

flipper

Reaction score
Seat lock I underneath under a flap. Rtfm!

The chain is too tight from the factory. You really do need to slack it off half a turn.

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Glad u got it at last.. Enjoy, I picked mine up end of July, and it lashed it down all day... Still banged 100 miles in to Christian new wets....

lee1980

Reaction score
Seat lock I underneath under a flap. Rtfm!

The chain is too tight from the factory. You really do need to slack it off half a turn.
I found it just even in manual pic didnt look like it was right under. Manual says 15mm max slack which is tightest ive ever seen on any bike, why is that so, im sure I read its summat to do with swingarm pivot in relation to the sprocket etc.
I will try measure slack.

Kinjane

Reaction score
I think most of us have been down that road, I removed parts of the suspension to allow the 3 centers to line up to obtain a definitive figure for my own future adjustments and employ a repeatable method of measuring chain slack to duplicate it every time.

Don't forget to check your wheel alignment when you get the chance, those swinging arm marks cannot be relied upon.