First Year with the Tracer

Russ Quinlan

Reaction score
Well next week marks the 1st Anniversary of my purchase of my 2015 Tracer.

I got it with about 800 miles on the clock and I have clocked up another 4000 since then.

This is my first Yamaha, I have owned Hondas since 1970 (Still have a 1998 Blackbird) and have also tried a Triumph(955 Tiger) and KTM (awful Superduke!) alongside the Hondas but this Tracer is amazing and a definite keeper.

I actually wanted a red one but a Silver/Blue one came up just as I was looking at a really good price so I went for it after test riding one I wanted one whatever the colour !

In the year I have had it, I have had the main colour changed to Metalflake Blue because I did not like the matt finish, its now a lot nicer and also added a Rad Guard, Givi Crash Bars, Shorty Levers, Stronger Clutch Springs, MRA Screen, new dual horns and of course an Ixil Exhaust. Also replaced the hugger and front mudguard with CF / Blue Mesh jobbies which I think adds to the look as well.

This is all cosmetic because the bike itself is fantastic, it carried me and the wife fully loaded to the West Coast and also my short commutes to work, it does the lot and I love the triple performance. At over 6ft I find the ricin position perfect, especially compared to many other bikes I've had and is in fact the only bike I've had where both me and the missus thinks the standard seat is good enough without extra padding, thats a first !

I have been well impressed over the last year and its the only non Honda I will be keeping for as long as I can.

These are the 'before' and 'after' photos of the first day of ownership (Silver) to todays latest incarnation.

Attachments

Last edited:

Shaun64

Reaction score
Looks loads better nice to here you are pleased with your tracer,I had a Matt orange street triple which I wasn't keen on so just had it lacquered which transformed the look.