fuel consumption

T

THAIGATE14

anyone getting wierd consumption figures? now what i mean is, is anyone noticing different figures when riding the same way ie cruising or comuting the same routes every week but getting very different averages? ive gone from 23km per l to 19km per l and now it wont top 17km per l and im riding it the same way every day which is round town a bit and a lot of highway cruising. this is over 20 + tankfulls now. the figure doesnt change with the baffle in or out either.

oddly enough the 23km per l was when i went off for a days hard thrashing which included a lot of drag race starts to show some thais that their ducatis were a pile of poo. is yamaha goading to to screw the bike to make it economical?.........ill go with it if its correct.:)

T

THAIGATE14

Allthough my average fuel consumption is about 25km/lit according the panel, in real circumstances i do 200km for 13 litres of premium unleaded..
ive switched from 91 gasohol (stewed fish heads) to 95 gasohol (stewed squids spleens and pork fat) and it hasnt made any difference. im gonna give the bike a good thrappin' tomorrow to see what it turns out then......

stevecbr

Reaction score
Mines gettting better the more miles I put on it, although the average the clocks show is optimistic (about 5% more than it really does)
Trip computer shows between 53mpg to 59mpg, according to fuelly average is 51mpg and best is 55.4mpg. It doesnt seem to make much difference how hard I ride it, but luckily not much of my riding is in heavy traffic or cities, mostly fast, open county roads

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was getting the same mpg with 95ron and 98ron. The avg mpg was reading in the low 50's all the time (I reset it every time I fill up btw)! when I put the info into fuelly I'm actually doing between 40-45mpg at best and that's hooning around. When I get back from the Wednesday night lads ride out it says 49mpg ish and that's thrashing the tits off her in A mode all the way whilst educating some of the guys on their 899's and Big Bang R1's. They really do have trouble keeping up with the MT lol. I genuinely think the avg mpg gauge is as much use as tits on a fish..!

mudrock

Reaction score
I was getting the same mpg with 95ron and 98ron. The avg mpg was reading in the low 50's all the time (I reset it every time I fill up btw)! when I put the info into fuelly I'm actually doing between 40-45mpg at best and that's hooning around. When I get back from the Wednesday night lads ride out it says 49mpg ish and that's thrashing the tits off her in A mode all the way whilst educating some of the guys on their 899's and Big Bang R1's. They really do have trouble keeping up with the MT lol. I genuinely think the avg mpg gauge is as much use as tits on a fish..!
Who needs a R1, fair play to you.

A mode all the way.

T

THAIGATE14

n i thought that B mode would be useful when riding back to the chateau after a damn good skinfull but its more dangerous to faff about pushing the button while on the hoon than it is to avoid falling off left in std.....:rolleyes: