Fuel level indicator

offo

Reaction score
Just wondered if there was a glich in the software on the Tracer regarding the display for the fuel level, i know that no bike can be made to be spot on due to fuel moving about in the tank etc but i have taken two Tracers out for test rides & both of them indicated full when i set off, a few miles up the road they would drop to half full & they fluctuated between these two for the duration of the rides.

carsicchris

Reaction score
OFFO, I asked the question when I had first service, they told me that's how they work . I would get home with full tank showing , when I got bike out it would have lost a bar. apparently its a big step from full to loosing first bar on gauge.they havnt got a normal sender unit it works on paramiters.

Pool Boy

Reaction score
Yeah, my MT drops from full to half after 70 miles then another block every 30 miles or so

loneranger

Reaction score
mine disappeears quick once the first bar goes. Crap really!

Yam MT 09

Reaction score
last week on my MT 09 I got 92 miles on the first bar and the rest then disappeared with another 40 miles !!!! , I have had 24 miles so far on fuel trip but I then bottled it and filled up !!!!!!! :eek:

offo

Reaction score
Ok thanks, good to know that they are all like that but it's a bit pants really i suppose in this technological age!

Phlewc

Reaction score
On my Tracer I get around 100 miles before the first bar goes, from there until the last bar is flashing and the reserve trip comes on is around 50 miles. Most I have gone is around 165 miles and it took just shy of £20 (BP Ultimate) to fill up.

misscrabstick

Reaction score
They are not known for being accurate in the slightest, my MT often eats two bars of fuel whilst just being parked in the garage!

fizzy

Reaction score
They are not known for being accurate in the slightest, my MT often eats two bars of fuel whilst just being parked in the garage!
Yes turned my ignition on today thought I need some fuel ( only showing 1 bar) fired it up got up the road 100 yards and it was showing 3 bars,,, for a few miles

Last edited:

Spook99

Reaction score
I reckon the thinking is that the first bar is the first half of the fuel and it doesn't make a difference if you know how much you've got in the tank. Then it starts to break down the second half of the fuel. If I cruise I could stretch it to 170 miles a tank, if I rag it....... I don't care.....

misscrabstick

Reaction score
The tank is a proper funny shape, and it dont hold anywhere as much as people think it would, most of it is airfilter underneath!