gear change problems

neilab

Reaction score
Has anyone had tracer stay in same gear usually 2nd and 3rd when changing up the box..

Rick01

Reaction score
I have had this problem with my 09 but I think that it originates from not letting the gear selector drop down to its home position after making a change ( my boot has held up the shifter slightly after making a change) try making sure that the shifter is able to return to its normal resting position.

Cheers Rick

neilab

Reaction score
I have had this problem with my 09 but I think that it originates from not letting the gear selector drop down to its home position after making a change ( my boot has held up the shifter slightly after making a change) try making sure that the shifter is able to return to its normal resting position.

Cheers Rick
Hi Rick....think you might be wright still had couple off miss shifts...but think it could be shifter sitting to low for me goin to adjust it..see how that works....

Stavros

Reaction score
Hi Neil I've experienced something similar . I bought a new pair of boots and a few times felt the same thing I think after changing up the boots were preventing the gear lever dropping back down so when you go to change up again it just pulls in the same gear . I put on my old boots and it never did it once . I don't know if you can alter the angle of the gear lever . Let us know if you get it sorted out .

Pool Boy

Reaction score
Yep, that'll be the problem
The lever is certainly adjustable on the MT09 as I had exactly the same problem and fixed it by altering the angle of the lever.
I assume the Tracer has the same gear lever but I've never seen one to check.

reeseyboy

Reaction score
Had something similar on my Tracer. Lowered the foot lever by approx. 5mm and problem sorted. You need a 10 and 12mm spanner...