Getting on the bike with bag on seat

R6owdlad

Reaction score
I've often seen riders mount their bike by standing on the foot peg whilst the sidetand is still down. Im of the opinion that this puts excess load on the sidestand. But with a dry bag strapped to my pillion seat it does make mounting difficult.

So would you say the sidestand can take the weight of a person without any problems?

I'm about 13 and half stone fyi...

Cheers folks

bingowatts

Reaction score
I use the side stand for turning the bike in a confined space (leaning the bike onto the stand and swivelling it round) and have had no problems, so your weight should be no problem.

flipper

Reaction score
I've always done the high kick and straight over the seat with a bag on the back. Don't like using the footrest .

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like to use the leapfrog method to mount my bike..! It does squash Anthony and the twins if u get the landing wrong though [emoji33]

Jay Cee

Reaction score
Im a fat shit 17st I stand on the peg no bending of my side yet

relz

Reaction score
I like to use the leapfrog method to mount my bike..! It does squash Anthony and the twins if u get the landing wrong though [emoji33]
That sounds like an interesting method, Video please.
(and for laughs, don't edit out the bad landing attempts) :)

Birdy

Reaction score
I did the leapfrog onto my Can Am trail bike to impress the then girlfriend TT. Strangulated testicle !!!! ferk me that hurts , and you can lose one if left long enough !!:eek:

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
I did the leapfrog onto my Can Am trail bike to impress the then girlfriend TT. Strangulated testicle !!!! ferk me that hurts , and you can lose one if left long enough !!:eek:
As i remember Can-Am had the weakest stands... back in 1984 an old friend with an orange 125 was using the bike as a chair when suddenly falled down with his face...
Personally i use the side stand of MT-09, turn the handlebar right and pull the bike to the left.... this lifts the rear wheel from ground and i can easily put oil on the chain (when i have a partener of course..)