Headlight tinting

Freddie

Reaction score
Ok so I want to tint my headlight. I do not want one of those headlight protectors/covers becuase I think they are shit. I want to use a tint film because I think it looks alot better and also costs next to nothing. My issue at the moment is that there is a plastict border thing that goes round the headlight. It seems to be attached with tabs so im hoping that it can be removed fairly easily but I have no idea if its glued on or if im completly wrong and I go ahead and try prying it off and end up pulling the whole front end of. The plastic around the headlight lense makes it very difficult to fold the tint film round. Has anyone done this or have any info on this?
THanks

Freddie

Reaction score
dont know and dont really care. Im going to have hids as well and there "illegal" but so is having a smaller numberplate and not having reflector on your numberplate.

Freddie

Reaction score
I reckon you would get more light with a tint and an HID than with the standard light and no tint. Also I mainly ride in the city so having a light is more about other people seeing you than you seeing anything. Also im not looking to completly black the headlight out.

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Standard light is very good and could be better if you put Phillips led bulps (blue or white, i've put white) just for the effect you are looking for..
IMO, the front light's mirror is not suitable for HID xenon kit and may the higher temps will destroy it.
For that reason i've put a Phillips Extreme Light +100% in the front light.