hello my fellow MT-09 and FZ-09 friends

quicksilver

Reaction score
Hey,
Just found this forum today and liked what I saw. I belong to a couple other 09 forums and it is great to get to know the greater community. I purchased my bike about 3 weeks ago and haven't been able to pick it up yet. Wife and I had vacation trip planned to the islands and the Alaska weather hasn't cooperated yet for riding. I live in Soldotna Alaska on the Kenai Peninsula and my bike is in Anchorage Alaska at the Yamaha dealer's shop. I plan to pick it up on the 25th if everything works out. Hopefully we will have riding weather by then.
Looking forward to get to know all of you and hopefully contribute to the group. I currently own a FJR1300 that I've had for years and I wanted something a little sportier and lighter to scoot around on so I bought the FZ-09. I've already started buying upgrades and looking forward to making mine very personalized. I am currently shopping for upgraded suspension elements and an exhaust system. I am surprised by how many options that are actually available for such a new bike (new to the US market).

Ride safe and smart,
quicksilver

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey,
Just found this forum today and liked what I saw. I belong to a couple other 09 forums and it is great to get to know the greater community. I purchased my bike about 3 weeks ago and haven't been able to pick it up yet. Wife and I had vacation trip planned to the islands and the Alaska weather hasn't cooperated yet for riding. I live in Soldotna Alaska on the Kenai Peninsula and my bike is in Anchorage Alaska at the Yamaha dealer's shop. I plan to pick it up on the 25th if everything works out. Hopefully we will have riding weather by then.
Looking forward to get to know all of you and hopefully contribute to the group. I currently own a FJR1300 that I've had for years and I wanted something a little sportier and lighter to scoot around on so I bought the FZ-09. I've already started buying upgrades and looking forward to making mine very personalized. I am currently shopping for upgraded suspension elements and an exhaust system. I am surprised by how many options that are actually available for such a new bike (new to the US market).

Ride safe and smart,
quicksilver
Welcome and congratulations on buying such a mental but fun bike to ride...

Feel free to join in and contribute as much or as little as u like.

Get some pics up as soon as possible so we can all see lol

misscrabstick

Reaction score
Welcome, nice to have you aboard Quicksilver, love to see some pics of your bike in your local countryside when you get it, ride safe. :)