Hi from Brisbane

colinlinz

Reaction score
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
Hi everyone,

Just a quick post to introduce myself. I'm a recent MT-09 owner (nearly a week now). I'm still running it in, so I haven't really been able to experience its potential yet, but so far I like it. It is a little different to my past bikes, they have all been sports type bikes. My last bike, a VTR1000, I had for about 10 years. I have another one, that I'm rebuilding as a project at the moment as well.

I bought the bike because the VTR was getting too hard on my ageing wrists and neck in traffic. It was this or a Triumph. The Street Triple seemed too small, and the Speed Triple was getting too expensive, plus the MT-09 just felt so much fun. I road home in peak traffic hour traffic, and was really impressed by how much easier it was on me than my old bike.

So far I haven't done much to the bike. I fitted an Akrapovic titanium system to it the day after I picked it up, other than that I've just added some of the Yamaha stuff, like the flyscreen and the side radiator protectors.

FullSizeRender 10.jpgIMG_1470.jpg

lee1980

Reaction score
Looking good, nice mods, I have to wait until new year for mine, though its in the more faster orange! lol

colinlinz

Reaction score
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
I was lucky. I did a pre-order just as a new shipment was about to land. I didn't think I'd get it before xmas, but it turned up at the dealer last Thursday.
I haven't even washed it yet. The safety sticker might come in handy. I'm at that age were I tend to forget stuff ;)

Much to my shame, I haven't even ridden it for the last couple of days. I've just finished rebuilding the forks on my VTR project, plus I had to do some repairs to my mower. That's not as exiting as doing something on one of the bikes, but I figured I better do it. The blade plate had cracked pretty much right around its mounting bolt. The thought of the plate and four blades exiting the mower deck at 3600RPM, like a demented shuriken, wasn't one I wanted to keep contemplating.