Hi New member from AUS

TIM80

Reaction score
Hi fellow mt-09ers. I have had my orange ( rare by the new 2015 colour schemes) MT-09 for the past nine months . it is the best FUN bike I have ever owned . I've fitted a few mods ermax sport screen and seat cowl, evotech rad guard and rear pegs blanking plates. Akra carbon exhaust and shipped off the ECU yesterday to ECUWEST for a reflash. Can't wait to get it back. Haven't done any suspension work as yet . Pretty well got max adjustment settings on the stock setup. I can live with that at the moment with my ability.Once again Hi

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hi. Welcome to the madness that is the MT-09 forum. Play nice and please take a moment to read the forum rules

Last edited:

bamm-bamm

Reaction score
Welcome mate, I'm in Melbourne and would be interested in hearing your thoughts on the flash from ECU West.

I've got the Akra carbon coming (on back order) and I've done the suspension on mine along with a few other mods and so far the suspension has been money well spent! I went with the Matris fork cartridge kit and a Wilburs 641 rear shock, I got them on the recommendation of Suspensions R Us here in Vic, he's done a few MT-09's and I have to say so far the suspension has been brilliant...it eliminates that horrible pogo feeling you get with the stock stuff!

TIM80

Reaction score
Welcome mate, I'm in Melbourne and would be interested in hearing your thoughts on the flash from ECU West.

I've got the Akra carbon coming (on back order) and I've done the suspension on mine along with a few other mods and so far the suspension has been money well spent! I went with the Matris fork cartridge kit and a Wilburs 641 rear shock, I got them on the recommendation of Suspensions R Us here in Vic, he's done a few MT-09's and I have to say so far the suspension has been brilliant...it eliminates that horrible pogo feeling you get with the stock stuff!
Hi bamm-bamm . My ECU is on its way back from Perth and will let you know how it all turns out. I'm happier enough with my rear shock at the moment but I do think the front forks need new linear springs and oil to suit my weight. The Akra carbon exhaust sounds great and is very loud with the DB killer out . I do recommend if you remove or the DB killer to remove the muffler first and give the DB killer a luv tap from behind as its a tight fit .

Thunder Child

Reaction score

That's exactly the setup the local guy here has suggested for me. Do you mind if I ask how much you were charged all up?

Welcome to the forum! Lots of interesting things to learn around here :)

bamm-bamm

Reaction score
Hi bamm-bamm . My ECU is on its way back from Perth and will let you know how it all turns out. I'm happier enough with my rear shock at the moment but I do think the front forks need new linear springs and oil to suit my weight. The Akra carbon exhaust sounds great and is very loud with the DB killer out . I do recommend if you remove or the DB killer to remove the muffler first and give the DB killer a luv tap from behind as its a tight fit .
Thanks mate, looking forward to the update once you get it back and put some k's on her!

bamm-bamm

Reaction score
Thunderchild,

I would have to double check my invoice but it was near enough 3k although I got a few extra options on the shock (adjustable height and remote preload) and also had the shock and fork kit express built which added to the costs and then had the fork cartridges installed, I installed the rear shock myself.

It could probably be done for a bit less if you can wait for the normal build time and you don't want the extra options , but I had a trip planned and wanted it done within a limited time frame and I thought if I'm getting a new shock I may as well go all out.