I know we need another tyre thread..

Davy

Reaction score
Anyone else running the stock Bridgestones over winter. I'm on the bike at least 2 or 3 times a week and only don't use it is it's below freezing which admittedly has been quite a lot recently.

I'm thinking of new tyres, seen on other threads that the Michelin PR4's are highly thought of but If I get them to see me through the rest of winter would they then be better than the Bridgestones in Summer?

Just now I'm almost swapping ends on a daily basis lol..I know if I twist the throttle just a little less I'll be fine but..well you know..

Does anyone else swap tyres for winter riding, would be interested to hear your views.

Ta

stevecbr

Reaction score
I had the S20's when I bought the bike october 2013, used it every day, not much grip in the cold/wet when its near freezing,and take ages to warm up.
Fitted bridgestone BT023's in the spring, still have them on now. The BT023's have lasted well, currently done around 3500 miles on them, guess I have another 1500 left.
The BT023's are much better in the wet/cold, and heat up much quicker, however, they are not recommended for the MT09, I have had a high speed weave with them since fitted, making the bike unrideable at much more than 100mph. Contacted Bridgestone, and they mailed me back stating only the S20's are recommended for the MT09, not the BT023's or the newer T30's (lots of earlier threads about this)
When I change tyres in the spring, I will use either the Pirelli Angels or Michelin PR's, which are both recommended for the MT09, and members on here highly recommend.
Sport touring tyres are fine for all year round use, and will suit the majority of road riders. Unless your planning on doing trackdays, and run in the fast group, there is not much point in running the stickier supersport tyres.
As for condition of bike, mine is holding up well, no better or worse than any other bikes I have had. No furry bolts or rust anywhere