Akrapovic Exhaust

All in at £7984.

Sounds good to me, what do you think?

sigtrm

Reaction score
What is ohlins suspension upgrade? I know that mt-09A with akrap is 6949GBP,

stevecbr

Reaction score
sounds an excellent deal, is it the carbon or titanium can?
As sig said, what ohlins are you talking about? Ohlins shock and fork internals, or a set of stickers on the standard forks?

Deadhead

Reaction score
What is ohlins suspension upgrade? I know that mt-09A with akrap is 6949GBP,
Actually the MT-09A (ABS) is £7484 and NON ABS version is £7084...that's on the road prices with reg and tax.

The Ohlins Upgrade is replacing the rear shock with Model SR46DR1 and upgrading the fork springs. Parts cost £600 plus fittings.

Deadhead

Reaction score
sounds an excellent deal, is it the carbon or titanium can?
As sig said, what ohlins are you talking about? Ohlins shock and fork internals, or a set of stickers on the standard forks?
Titanium end can. I explained the Ohlins upgrade above..I did ask for Ohlins stickers for the front forks ;)

sigtrm

Reaction score
Actually the MT-09A (ABS) is £7484 and NON ABS version is £7084...that's on the road prices with reg and tax.

The Ohlins Upgrade is replacing the rear shock with Model SR46DR1 and upgrading the fork springs. Parts cost £600 plus fittings.
Sorry their website s misleading. That is indeed great deal.

I understood that the price below is for abs, after clicking further I saw that it is for non abs. Cheap bastards.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427395209.330943.jpg

Deadhead

Reaction score
Update:
Have done the deal, not sure when I'm picking the bike up yet depends on how long the fork internals take to arrive. One week(ish) left on my MT-07..I think I shall miss her a little bit.

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Don't forget... Yamaha are throwing in a Titanium Akrapovic for FREE (inc cat) as of the 19th March 2015... This gets ordered when the bike does.

Deadhead

Reaction score
Don't forget... Yamaha are throwing in a Titanium Akrapovic for FREE (inc cat) as of the 19th March 2015... This gets ordered when the bike does.
It's really bloody annoying, after trying the bike a couple of weeks ago, I got off thinking 'what an awesome bike'. 2 weeks later reading another thread in this forum someone mentioned the FREE Akrapovic pipe..'REALLY, Hmmm' I'm thinking. Check on Yamaha's website and YES there it is a FREE Akrapovic pipe. Before the free pipe offer I hadn't given it a second thought even though I had a blast on the bike. I'm annoyed because I just had to buy it after that :rolleyes:

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
So annoying, especially as the dealers would have known well in advance, I reckon the dealer should have given you the choice, Buy Now and miss out, Buy in a week or two and get a 1k zorst....

For those who ain't bothered about the Akra, fine, there showing on eBay already for those who want to stay std...

My only fear with this free zorst, is a lower resale price later on. PCP 3 years on... Is it gonna b worth 3k if you haven't got an Akra... Have to wait and see.

Deadhead

Reaction score
So annoying, especially as the dealers would have known well in advance, I reckon the dealer should have given you the choice, Buy Now and miss out, Buy in a week or two and get a 1k zorst....

For those who ain't bothered about the Akra, fine, there showing on eBay already for those who want to stay std...

My only fear with this free zorst, is a lower resale price later on. PCP 3 years on... Is it gonna b worth 3k if you haven't got an Akra... Have to wait and see.
The demo I tried had the Akra ppie on it and it sounds very fine. He done a good deal, as well as the pipe he's thrown in over £500 worth of free kit and knocking £100 off the suspension upgrade and not charging labour to do it.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The free zorst is because the tracer is out selling the MT....
It's that simple. Yamaha want to keep sales up on both bikes so decided to throw in a free akrapovič. And that was from my dealerships sales manager

RatHead

Reaction score
The deal the original poster has got sounds great to me.

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
The free zorst is because the tracer is out selling the MT....
It's that simple. Yamaha want to keep sales up on both bikes so decided to throw in a free akrapovič. And that was from my dealerships sales manager
Understood TT, it doesn't bother me they now have a free Can, but for those who have taken the PCP route, the GFV in 3 years time for an MT without this benefit could be worth less.. I direct like for like comparison.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Understood TT, it doesn't bother me they now have a free Can, but for those who have taken the PCP route, the GFV in 3 years time for an MT without this benefit could be worth less.. I direct like for like comparison.
Yes I can see ur cause for concern...!
Yamaha seem to be flooding the market at the moment. Sales in sports bikes has fallen dramatically in the last 2 years and sport tourers/naked bikes have increased considerably.

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Yes I can see ur cause for concern...!
Yamaha seem to be flooding the market at the moment. Sales in sports bikes has fallen dramatically in the last 2 years and sport tourers/naked bikes have increased considerably.
Cheers TT... I can see the MT retaining a lot of value anyway, just on the basis that it's a damn good bike... Took mine for a thrashing today, first good one this year without spinning the rear wheel up on these shitty Midland, grease soaked roads...

Deadhead

Reaction score
I tried the Tracer and felt a little disappointed with it. Same engine as the mt09 but it felt very viby above 4kRPM, The screen was useless and when you look behind the headlights it's totally exposed like Yamaha run out of cash to finish the job off.

groundhog

Reaction score
I tried the Tracer and felt a little disappointed with it. Same engine as the mt09 but it felt very viby above 4kRPM, The screen was useless and when you look behind the headlights it's totally exposed like Yamaha run out of cash to finish the job off.
That space behind the headlights is for us to fit our Sat Navs, TV screens and Hi fi stacking systems ;)

groundhog

Reaction score
You'll need a towbar, to drag along that 4kva diesel generator.. That 12v battery just won't cut it, lol...
No problem mate, just flick on to A mode, tuck down behind that screen and plug the generator into the ecu. Meanwhile turn on the microwave (situated in panniers) and get a pot noodle on the go for that perfect lay by stop :D not forgetting to light a cigar from the socket (also situated in rear of headlight utility space) for a nice Hamlet moment :cool: