Insurance cost?

Stripy

Reaction score
I'm a bit baffled, that my 2012 £13K Ducati Multistrada is cheaper to insure, than the MT-09.

Have others noticed high prices for this new model?

NCB: +9 years
Price: 376 + 750 excess

Stripy

Reaction score
It turns out, that calling in to my current insurer have made up and down on night and day, compared to online quotations, so receiving a £80 cash back for 6months insurance. That equals £160 lower price over the year.

Me likes!! :)

GastonJ

Reaction score
Yeah insurance is really hit and miss tbh. Mine came in at £291, though I do have a few business mile use on there. Still more expensive than my Zx6r cost to insure. They did try to quote me £421 "because it's bigger than your last bike" - asked them if they thought I was only a day old and to send me my proof of NCB, soon drove the price down :) they will be losing me next year tho.

Last edited:

Kinjane

Reaction score
£85 fully comp £350 excess - Just Motorcycle Insurance

£112 fully comp £200 excess - Bennetts

Far cheaper than the company I'm with at the moment

Last edited:
Y

youngy

I'm with Bennetts because they've been consistently the cheapest for me over the last couple of years. £0 voluntary excess, £200 compulsory. About £120 fully comp I think.

M

MT account

hastings told me £85 but i thought i was being quoted for a honda melody...:D to make things even funnier i opted for installments...:rolleyes:

M

MT account

That sounds like a Honda Vision quote to me lol
i didnt tell you the cost of the insurance on the FZ............£2.89.........although that covers it for stop checks on the side of the road and thats about it.:D

Kinjane

Reaction score
So very true

When I moved from London to Bristol my insurance costs dropped by 2/3.
Just seems odd that most of the risk is for where you live but not where you ride.

M

MT account

So very true

When I moved from London to Bristol my insurance costs dropped by 2/3.
Just seems odd that most of the risk is for where you live but not where you ride.
especially when moving to bristol, when some skaghead will steal your visor cloth if you leave it tucked under the screen....

MT09-LOZ

Reaction score
Got mine for £86 with £200 excess and no NCB (as I have just returned to biking after a 5 year lay-off) from Bennetts. Have always used them in the past as I have not found anyone better for price and general service. Don't know what they are like if you had to make a claim though.

crotchrocket

Reaction score
You're all bastards

thanks to the wonderful city i live in and the thieving gits that inhabit it......i play just over £1000 fully comp.... Clean licence and riding on the roads for 14 years

flydnb

Reaction score
You're all bastards

thanks to the wonderful city i live in and the thieving gits that inhabit it......i play just over £1000 fully comp.... Clean licence and riding on the roads for 14 years
that's awful, the extra money people get paid in the smoke soon gets taken away, and its full of traffic, I wouldn't get a bike bigger than a 250 if I was using it in the city there would be no point.

Kinjane

Reaction score
I ended up paying 103 fully comp in the end with Bennetts with £0 voluntary, £200 compulsary excess. Insurance post code group B

Really hope I don't hit 5 people waiting at a bus stop, that's £1,000 for starters :eek:

Last edited:

Cypher

Reaction score
You lot should move to London. I thought £1200 for 15 months was cheap...

evifish5000

Reaction score
Glad I left London still remember paying £700 for an 09 fz6. Still not massively happy just paid 379 today for the year that's in a gu12 postcode driveway parked with 10 years no claims. All insurance companies still giving the bs of my age (27) makes my high risk.