insurance renewal

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Today!!! my insurance quote for my MT-09 just under €600 fucking euro. Full no claim. I have never had a claim in my 50+years of riding bikes. Phoned the twats up and asked WTF! that is 100% increase since last year. Some oriental gentleman says , well sir you are now nearing 68 years of age do you not think it was time to stop biking. I am booked on the next flight to Bombay, cheeky bastard. :mad:

Kinjane

Reaction score
A mere 100% what a bargain.
My renewal is £499, last year I seem to recall it was 113 or 117 no accidents/claims etc.....

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Got an email this morning from my insurers. Really sorry about your recent quote there was a technical problem with our system. We have obviously misquoted you.I went ballistic, technical fault wtf. Picked the phone up,your agent told me I was to fecking old and should pack in biking. Silence for a bit, can we call you back sir.
Result €232.00 fully comp +recovery.

Kinjane

Reaction score
Now covered with Advantage through Hastings - fully comp cover for £103, no add ons and a £350 excess. I already have separate breakdown, legal and injury cover elsewhere which kept the price down.

pipski99

Reaction score
I had been and test ridden an MT-10 and the only reason it isn't in my garage now is the insurance wanted £700 with a £1750 excess. That's MCE insurance just to name and shame the thieving bastards. Needless to say I won't be buying the MT-10 until it's insurance renewal time.

Griff1971

Reaction score
Rang my insurance to say I was swapping from my GSR750 to a new tracer, 4 weeks left on my old policy,
was quoted 60 pounds extra, plus 50 pounds admin fee...... well ill tell u wot, ill cancel my old policy, full no claims anyway, and start a new one.
oh yes, u can do that instead :confused:

the cueball

Reaction score
Categorically, the worst and the most expensive insurers by far. Dreadful.
I've just renewed with MCE today for the 4th year - they are by far and away the best company for me.

£600 fully comp for my 5 bikes.

Their breakdown cover picked me up in Poland last year when I had a blowout and put me up for 3 nights until the tyre could get flown out and put on the bike... can't ask for better than that - IMO.

pavc

Reaction score
Just tried swapping my insurance from a 1500 cruiser to the MT-09 tracer, 1st call was that will be £100 extra which includes a £40 admin fee as its 6 months into the policy. Second call was to what sounded like an outsourced call centre and like talking to a brick wall, to change over it will be a £40 fee to remove the old bike if there is more than £40 left on the policy after removing the cruiser, then there will be a £40 fee to add the MT-09 plus what the additional insurance fee would be :(. Final call it ended up as the £40 admin fee plus an additional £29 for the increase in premium.

Jetty

Reaction score
I had a very similar experience. Grumbled at them a lot and suggested they sharpen their pencil. Second call came back with just a flat £50 charge. On that basis I shall be more thoroughly searching for a better deal when renewal comes up in the spring.