Is the Tracer 900 as good as they say

Shaun64

Reaction score
I have both and I average 64 mpg on the 07 and 58 mpg on the Tracer 900.
Not much difference in mpg, have you got a mt10 sp as well ?if so what you think to it? Cheers.

Shaun64

Reaction score
Don't know how accurate the onboard computer is on the Tracer. I got 60mpg over 100 miles mixed town and country at running in speeds yesterday. The computer on the MT07 gave me around 3mpg less than what I actually got logging on Fuelly so if it's the same on the Tracer I'll likely get over 60 actual mpg. How good is that to get great economy and massive performance from the same engine����
Not like back in the day when I got 29.7 mpg over nearly 10000 miles on my 350 LC.
Good news like you say loads more power for just about same mpg, I was a x7 man back in the day lol but I also had a ypvs 350 that was a good bike.

MT10SP

Reaction score
Not much difference in mpg, have you got a mt10 sp as well ?if so what you think to it? Cheers.
No I don't. I put down a deposit last year, but Yamaha pissed me about on the delivery date so I cancelled it

Littlebruv

Reaction score
A member on MT 09 forum stated if using mode A (sports) the MPG is better, tried it and totally agree and I wasn't always hanging around either....just have to remember not to going mad with the throttle whilst filtering in heavy traffic !!.
Another point some members have brought up about if you remove the so called transformer styled hand guards which appear to have an aileron shape that this eliminates the high speed wobble, anyone tried alternative handguards like the power bronze or KTM type, do these still have the same effect.
Awaiting any replies
Thanks

Sven

Reaction score
I've got Powerbronze handguards fitted. Haven't notice any difference from the originals!
Only wobble I've had was at about 125mph (over the mountain I.O.M) & that was with a lot of blustery side winds as well.

Littlebruv

Reaction score
Thx for the reply
So the Powerbronze handguards can still cause the high speed wobble as well

ib1-2

Reaction score
Not had a problem with wobble with my Powerbronze handguards and MPG is around 62 and I don't hang around either.