LED Brakelight with Integrated Turn Signals & Running Lights!

Niner

Reaction score
My best friend, Hurtzdonut, is an EE and he took me up on a challenge I proposed to him...

"Why not make a custom LED replacement board that combines the taillight/running light with the added functionality of turn signals for the Yamaha FZ-09?!"

Well it didn't take him long to, not only accept my challenge, but create a fully functioning prototype!

Here is the prototype in action:
[video=youtube;WmsLS2VIo78]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmsLS2VIo78#t=0[/video]

Walk around:
[video=youtube;aXbSztLnJg0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXbSztLnJg0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Here are a couple comparison photos of stock LED vs Hurtz's custom LED tail light.

Brake lights applied:

Running lights:

Well we were able to turn a prototype into a finished product for the masses! :)

And not only that, but we currently have stock available and ready to ship out!

If you'd like, you can take a sneak peak at our install manual HERE!

And rest assured, Hurtz and I stand by our work 110%!

We test every individual board before shipping out:

You can orders yours today by CLICKING HERE!

P.S. If you've purchased a unit - Please feel free to post your feedback/photos/videos here!
:D

Last edited:

Stan09

Reaction score
Hi Niner.Can you help me with the Zeta Hand Guards, that you fitted a while ago. Can you tell me what the part No's were.
Did all the attachment fittings fit. As the bars are tapered, did you have any trouble with the different sizes on the bars.

If you could help me, I would be very grateful.

Stan09

Niner

Reaction score
Does it comply with the UK regs ?

Rear indicator
Amber
2 or 4 max
Height as front
Min distance apart 180mm
Max 300mm from rear

(taken from VOSA website)

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/194152/MSVA_2010_.pdf
This does not meet USA DOT or UK regs... basically it's for "off road use only" [wink wink, nudge nudge].
But in all honesty, I've been riding for many years and all my bikes have mods that don't meet DOT standards including lights.
But to each their own!

Hi Niner.Can you help me with the Zeta Hand Guards, that you fitted a while ago. Can you tell me what the part No's were.
Did all the attachment fittings fit. As the bars are tapered, did you have any trouble with the different sizes on the bars.

If you could help me, I would be very grateful.

Stan09
I replied to your post you started... Sorry it took me so long to respond! :/

This is an error returned by the search engine of amazon.
This model is for MT- 01 product years : 07-09.
Thanks for clearing that up!

Units are now shipping BTW! :D

Birdy

Reaction score
Cool bit of kit niner ! I think you will sell loads stateside , but Her Majestys Constabulary over here like nothing better than busting bikers on construction and use regs ! :( Looks like you boys over there have got the most hideous orange turn lamps tho !! No wonder you went to all that effort to come up with something better:cool:

RipGroove

Reaction score
So $60 for the board and $30 shipping to the UK? Are you able to supply one that flashes at the normal slower rate?

RipGroove

Reaction score

Niner

Reaction score
I'm quoting this from the FZ-09 forum:

Has your friend ever considered doing a full tail light exchange? Like have one completely built with a core charge? You just order the complete unit, plus core charge, and send the OEM one back, and core charge is refunded. Could be a better way since I'm sure a lot of people don't want to do the wiring and/or baking in the oven, and also don't want to have their bike down for over a week.
You have voiced your feedback/input and we have listened!

In the next 2 weeks we are proud to introduce a new plug & play option!

- You will no longer have to worry about cracking open your tail light or baking it in the oven!
- There is no longer a week downtime of your beloved FZ-O9!
- Once you click "purchase", your complete plug & play unit will be shipped to you next day (pending availability).
- This option will cost $120.00 + a core fee of $50. The $50 core fee will be refunded to you once you ship back your OEM tail light! (Shipping cost not included).

We hope this new option will prove to be less of a hassle for you in terms of FZ-09 downtime and ease of assembly.

And for those of you who are still looking for the most cost effective approach, our $60 replacement board option is still available!

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM myself or Hurtzdonut or directly e-mail us at [email protected].

As always, we thank you for your support and constant feedback! :)