Like a pogo stick on steroids! Help wanted please.

Fluke

Reaction score
I exaggerate a bit of course but...
Since putting Ohlins springs in my otherwise completely standard forks, with standard ten weight oil, my front forks are stiffer but a bit bouncy.
What I mean is they compress and rebound a bit quickly.
My mechanic suggested a heavier fork oil but I wanted to check if anyone else has any experience of this especially as I've seen a lot of people on the forum using lighter oil.
Any suggestions? Advice?
Many thanks.

Locksmith

Reaction score
I used 5W Silkolene with my ohlins springs.
As Motorcycleboy said, wind the preload out lots. I think I've got around 6 rings showing (I'm thinking of trying it out another one!) and turn the rebound damping screw to 1/2 a turn out from fully in.
Give that a try.

My Toy

Reaction score
I've got 6 rings showing on my preload with progressive springs and, er, 15w oil. I've just scored a damaged right fork on eBay and plan to put the cartridge in the left leg but will prolly drop to 10w oil as I'll have twice the damping now[emoji106][emoji6]

A vee four and an inline triple, the two best sounds in motorcycling. [emoji101]

yermaun

Reaction score
What best settings for a 12stone soaking wet drip? doesn't feel happy on the faster and sharper corners?.tyres ok

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
What best settings for a 12stone soaking wet drip�� doesn't feel happy on the faster and sharper corners?.tyres ok
Hi Yermaun... Your slightly heavier than me... Only slightly

Wind you preload down so youve got 2 of the Thin Shiney Silver rings showing.. On both forks. Then on right fork, screw the rebound full in then wind back 1/2 turn..

On the rear, pop it 2 clicks harder above standard, the rebound wind in full, then back off 1/2...

This is what mines set to, i'm tweaking slightly, but the bike is 10 times better..

yermaun

Reaction score
Cheers Smurf ya lightweight ? shockcover the bollocks of a thing to fit NEED to come off?either way 10 times better ya say ?

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Cheers Smurf ya lightweight �� shockcover the bollocks of a thing to fit NEED to come off?either way 10 times better ya say ��
Mines all stock. When i was chucking it into corners the front end was so vague, didnt want to turn.... Had a corner with a tight double apex... Awful, simplist way to put it...

I cranked mine to 4 shiney rings with 1/2 rebound... Massive difference... Bike turns... Tweaked gradually down to 2..

Try the front.. Screw the rebound in on the rear... You dont need to remove shock cover for that.... See how it feels..

This lightweight is only 3lb lighter... 3 large Mcd's will sort that out... Lol