lowering link

rob5006

Reaction score
Had my old Gsr 750 lowered with a link.(3 cm) Made a big difference with feet down as opposed to tip toes. Also give the bike more stability at high speed. Improved my confidence and handling on the bike to the extent that i was throwing it around.
The mt09 is perfect for my size and gives me 'feet down' so i wont be lowering it.
(Had to get a garage to fit it because i didnt have the know-how.)-was well worth it though.

gazza

Reaction score
I had this link made by a m8 who is an engineer on a cnc. it cost 100 pounds for a pair. they are not possible to get yet as nobody makes them , but I could get you some made. they are not difficult to fit but 2 people would make job easier.if you look at swinging arm where shocker connects you will see 2 dogbone shaped shiney brackets. these would be replaced. if you want the the full 40mm drop, you put them on lowest setting, then drop forks through clamps 10mm. and you will have to cut out 10 mm off the stand.this is done just beneath where the spring connects to the stand, because you don't want to alter the tention of the spring. if this all sounds a lot trust me its not hard to do at all.when I did mine , to make it easy I took off the exhaust so you got loads of room.undo the two bolts that go through the shocker and swinging arm, with the bike on the stand just pull the bike a little on to the stand , basically pulling weight off the ground the bolts should come out no probs, nothing will go twang.we then propped the bike up took off stand cut out 10 mm rewelded. I had all the gear to do this and I am ex motor mechanic, but it was easy to do.

flydnb

Reaction score
im 5ft 8 and I find the seat low already on the mt 09? mind you I am used to a wr 250r with a 36.6 inch seat height.