Matt grey holding up?

Sooper

Reaction score
Hi all.

As some know, i highsiden my MT some days ago. I have since rested and nursed my two broken elbows. It´s starting to get better, so the bike is going to the mechanic tomorrow.

It´s pretty banged up: Forks bended, tank dented, exhaust bended and engine cases scraped.

I was thinking i would do a color change on the tank. Mine is Blazing orange, a cool color but i don´t like the fact that the tank is the only colored thing on the bike. Think it looks mismatched.

As i have a lot of carbon fibre on my bike, i think i will go for a Matt grey tank.

My question is now: How is your experience with the matte finish? Does it mark and scratch easily? Or should i not be worried?

R6owdlad

Reaction score
Hi all.

As some know, i highsiden my MT some days ago. I have since rested and nursed my two broken elbows. It´s starting to get better, so the bike is going to the mechanic tomorrow.

It´s pretty banged up: Forks bended, tank dented, exhaust bended and engine cases scraped.

I was thinking i would do a color change on the tank. Mine is Blazing orange, a cool color but i don´t like the fact that the tank is the only colored thing on the bike. Think it looks mismatched.

As i have a lot of carbon fibre on my bike, i think i will go for a Matt grey tank.

My question is now: How is your experience with the matte finish? Does it mark and scratch easily? Or should i not be worried?
No problems with my Matt Grey
No scratches or marks. Had since June last year.
Nothing to worry about in my opinion...

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Matt Grey paint of Yamaha is good quality.
No scratches or marks at all in one year i own the bike.
Go forward dude.. as many riders here know that matt-grey is a "combat color for street warriors"!
But at least you have to consider if this colour suits in your eyes with the golden front forks... imagine that the mix would be similar to the matt-grey Tracer:cool:

RipGroove

Reaction score
Not a single mark on my tank.

Sent from my iPhone

Sooper

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I will probably go for it then... Matt grey, carbon fiber, gold forks and the orange pinstripe on the wheels :)

stevecbr

Reaction score
My matt grey is now 18 months old, and been used through 2 winters. Not a mark or any scratches on tank.
Have you thought about getting your tank wrapped, you could go for the full carbon effect

Coopie

Reaction score
Have you thought about getting your tank wrapped, you could go for the full carbon effect
+1 on that ........... that's what I would do if I ever get fed up with the colour