MT-09 Trike - Interesting

Tracer1

Reaction score
Apparently it's the only way they can fix the wheel wobbles LOL. I actually quite like it, would be great to have a go on it.

tundrah

Reaction score
Urgh to the trike part but I could certainly get used to that colour scheme :)

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
No matter if we love 2 wheels we have to admit that is a honour for 09 triple engine to be used on a concept.
iI feel that Yamaha trying with this effort (MWT-09) to make the fastest triple-scooter and smash the European, Koean and Japanese competition.
Personally i don't like scooters and multi-wheelers allthough i accept the fact that back in 2013 was the FZ/MT-09, last year was the Tracer version and for 2016 a multi-wheeler is born after the marriage of -09's swing arm, engine,foot rests, brakes even the stock zorst and the front of a Tricity..
I admire Yamaha's low cost effort to produce a low cost concept with low price etc. etc. etc...:cool:

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
No matter if we love 2 wheels we have to admit that is a honour for 09 triple engine to be used on a concept.
iI feel that Yamaha trying with this effort (MWT-09) to make the fastest triple-scooter and smash the European, Koean and Japanese competition.
Personally i don't like scooters and multi-wheelers allthough i accept the fact that back in 2013 was the FZ/MT-09, last year was the Tracer version and for 2016 a multi-wheeler is born after the marriage of -09's swing arm, engine,foot rests, brakes even the stock zorst and the front of a Tricity..
I admire Yamaha's low cost effort to produce a low cost concept with low price etc. etc. etc...:cool:
Hmmm, interesting theory and I respect your opinions. But no, it's wrong, ugly and unnecessary and personally, I'm embarrassed that there's even the slightest connection with the MT09.

Fluke

Reaction score
I found this embarrassing bit of twattery which doesn't help Yamaha's cause much.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBDlEC04OW8
It's supposed to be showing off the cornering of their new marvel but after subjecting myself to their fast edit and fancy lighting fest, all I'm convinced of is that not even robo cop would go for one of these.
Using the MT engine for that is as much of a waste as putting a ferrari engine in a luton van.

Thanks Yamaha, but I'd sooner ride a tracer. Err, maybe:rolleyes:

Patrick

Reaction score
There is a large market segment that doesn't feel comfortable with 2 wheels. But would like the experience of riding something other than a car. I don't think this offering from Yamaha is targeted at the purest. But the middle age crowd that have never ridden before, but would like to except for fear. From a business stand point, they see the success Can-am had with the spider, and want some of that market for themselves. The Can-am is horizontally planted, with zero lean. I think this is a smart idea from Yamaha. To split the experience between a real motorcycle and a tricycle. My .02

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
There is a large market segment that doesn't feel comfortable with 2 wheels. But would like the experience of riding something other than a car. I don't think this offering from Yamaha is targeted at the purest. But the middle age crowd that have never ridden before, but would like to except for fear. From a business stand point, they see the success Can-am had with the spider, and want some of that market for themselves. The Can-am is horizontally planted, with zero lean. I think this is a smart idea from Yamaha. To split the experience between a real motorcycle and a tricycle. My .02
+1
agreed with that point of view..
MWT is not targeting on bikers.
Can-Am, Honda Neowing (Goldwing's engine), Kawasaki J-Concept (from 2013) and Rolaris Slingshot are "brides" for new customers.
The fact that Yamaha choose to use the triple's engine and components is for economy of scale..

Spook99

Reaction score
Just looks like I put the wrong reading glasses on........

As I'm getting older Im not the purest I was and I have a simpler philosophy on motorbikes, food, women, and life in general - 'if they make me smile they must be good for me'

I gotta say it did make me smile, but maybe for the wrong reasons

rbcycle

Reaction score
when is it available in the USA ?

I actually have a HD, and would switch to this if it was available in the USA. The HD version that most closely matches it would be from tilting motor works.
While the "look", does take some adjustments, the additional tire provides stronger braking, and more grip in corning, can't be a bad thing.

Has anyone heard where/when it is available in the USA? OR, is there a plan to make it available in the USA ? I'd be eager to hear comments on that, and be one of their 1st customers. GO Yamaha!