mt 09x/fj 09

Paul Longmire

Reaction score
so they Arr calling it the Mt09 tracker but according to mcn same suspension ? Why oh why surely not !!! At least its got 18ltr tank on the plus side

trevorleigh

Reaction score
Looks like a cross between both my bikes (MT09 & Fz1 Fazer) so it will be perfect for me. Light enough to have some fun on at the weekend, and OK for odd two or three touring trips a year, when you dont need a full on 300kg tourer. Be great up in the Alps or pico's

Locksmith

Reaction score
To be honest, it ticks a lot of boxes, height adjustable seat and screen, 18 lt tank, ABS and TC, centre stand, built in luggage brackets.
The dash display looks very tourer I thought!
And underneath its a MT-09 :)

I don't know what the price is but it could be a big seller.

Still think it looks clunky though LOL

Edit: Had a look at the specs, its 19 kgs heavier than the std ABS model and has a different steering geometry.
Wonder how different that will make it?

Last edited:

robodene

Reaction score
Quote: I don't know what the price is but it could be a big seller

There are quite a few extra items/systems to raise the price above the standard 09. Later on, they will increase the price, no doubt.
For those of us of shorter leg, it is unfortunate that the seat height adjustment does not allow a lower setting.

flipper

Reaction score
so they Arr calling it the Mt09 tracker but according to mcn same suspension ? Why oh why surely not !!! At least its got 18ltr tank on the plus side
TDM and first Gen Fazer had crap suspension too but they sold by the bucketful. For a tourer it'd be pretty good.

KatanaAl

Reaction score
Just been to the NEC Bike Show and seen the Tracer in the flesh and thought it looked very good. Think the basic bike was £8150 on the road, I certainly think it's going to be another winner for Yamaha. Sadly the MT09 Akrapovic will not fit as the Tracer comes fitted with a centre stand as standard. I checked this out with one of the salesmen. Thought the bike finished in Lava Red looked very classy and the Race Blu looked great.

Paul Longmire

Reaction score
Snap went to NEC on Sunday bike does look good some awesome bikes on show.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
2015 Yamaha MT 09 Tracker Debut & Review in EICMA 2014 - YouTube

I like it.. Sat on it at the show, but need to wear big f-off platform boots.... Or cut the forks in half.... Nah, get the seat scooped! Will go test ride one when in dealers... February I here for the UK.

And too chuck sumfink else in here..... Dark Side Tour is back next year.... According to the stand, Bigger & Better....