Mt09 comfort seat

Martin p

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone out there has had any dealings with the £200 Comfort seat, and if so is it worth the money. Cheers Martin

marcusfordus

Reaction score
The demo bikes at CMC had them fitted. So all I know is at £200 it wasn't that comfy when I rode it. I thought to myself it would be money better spent going to the likes of Tony Archer and getting him to do a proper gel insert version for less money!

Sent from my XT615 using Tapatalk 2

pipski99

Reaction score
I ordered and paid for mine but it wasn't in stock when I picked the bike up. Done 480 miles on standard seat and get my comfort seat fitted when I take bike in for 600 mile service so I will be able to share an opinion on it then.

misscrabstick

Reaction score
I ordered and paid for mine but it wasn't in stock when I picked the bike up. Done 480 miles on standard seat and get my comfort seat fitted when I take bike in for 600 mile service so I will be able to share an opinion on it then.
Please do let us know, I think the standard seat is an issue, certainly for me anyway.

marcusfordus

Reaction score
How are you getting a 2nd seat back ? You have paid for an additional one, not a swapsie. They both belong to you !

pipski99

Reaction score
I'll either leave mine there and collect it later in my car or I'll collect the comfort seat from them in my car and swap it at home myself.

I only live 6 miles from the dealer, also one of my friends works there and another of my friends rides for the dealers trials team. Getting it picked up won't be a problem.

trevorleigh

Reaction score
I have a 09 an a tracer and I do not get any issues with either seat, done 200-250 mile days on both!. Maybe its because I have extra inbuilt padding in my a--? You guys need to eat more!

Nickic01

Reaction score
Comfort set

Is the comfort set lower than the standard...?

loneranger

Reaction score
buy a shad seat its ten times better than the yamaha comfort seat.

shaft69

Reaction score
mt09 seat

Hi guys i had the same thought about the comfort seat from yamaha . I found it no better than standard really and thought it a waist of money . so i did some research and went for a bagster seat off ebay probably the best 180 pound spent really made so much differance for me and pillon. Deffo worth a look

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
Hi guys i had the same thought about the comfort seat from yamaha . I found it no better than standard really and thought it a waist of money . so i did some research and went for a bagster seat off ebay probably the best 180 pound spent really made so much differance for me and pillon. Deffo worth a look
The BS Motosport one with the white MT09 logo and piping? If so, how long have you had it and what distances are you generally doing?

shaft69

Reaction score
The BS Motosport one with the white MT09 logo and piping? If so, how long have you had it and what distances are you generally doing?
hi mate i have had the seat for about 6 weeks and every trip out on the bike is between 50-100 miles mostly 2 up and had no problems where as after about 30-40 miles on standard seat started to get uncomfortable

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
Hmmm, that's interesting. I can definitely see myself changing the seat. The seat on the MT07 gave me arse-numb after a 50 mile ride. Thanks for the tip mate.

Chaz

Reaction score
Look at the Corbin seats too. Pricy but worth it. I may be selling my MT09 and the Corbin seat (might go with the bike, unsure at the moment).