mt09 or cb1000r

toppo72

Reaction score
hi all , ive got a cbr1000rr 2015 , but i want a more naked upright bike , as i get a bit of bak trouble on the cbr , getting old lol
ive test road a cb1000r and like it but dont like the look of it much,
but last week i put a depo down on a mt09 abs orange , as im waiting to the new reg comes out in sept
but cannot make my mind up t get the mt09 still and upgrade the suspention to ohlins , or just spend more and get the cb1000r

stevecbr

Reaction score
get the mt, and if your not happy with the suspension upgrade it at a later date. I've done 10000 miles on my MT and fine the suspension OK, go on youtube and look for MT09 over mountain course, there an MT09 on standard suspension going round the TT course, he doesnt appear to have any problems

donut

Reaction score
get the mt, and if your not happy with the suspension upgrade it at a later date. I've done 10000 miles on my MT and fine the suspension OK, go on youtube and look for MT09 over mountain course, there an MT09 on standard suspension going round the TT course, he doesnt appear to have any problems
Suggest you try some demo rides

MT-09 £7k and 188 kg
CB £9.3k and 217 kg
Speed Triple £9.6k and 214 kg

If you want a big heavy bike go for the Honda or Triumph

If you want a light bike and save either £2k+ or even £1k+ after suspension changes go for the Yamaha.

See what suits.

Pool Boy

Reaction score
I rode my son-in-law's CB1000R a few weeks ago - felt like going back to the FJR I used to have after my MT-09
No difference to speak of in terms of performance - He kept up but couldn't get past whichever bike he was on LOL

KatanaAl

Reaction score
I traded a CB1000R Tricolour in for an MT09 and have never regretted it. The power and torque of the MT09 are instant, addictive and accessible.
Mind I think my original model Race Blu is a plain jane in comparison to the CB1000R, the latest model looks much better for me.

timo5743

Reaction score
Suspension upgrade

Hi have just had ohlins upgrade today front springs and oil and new rear shock £700 fitted big difference great handling now.

MTom

Reaction score
I quite like the look of the Suzuki GSX-S1000.

I just wish the MT09 was a bit chunkier. Maybe they will release a FZ1 equivalent

MTom

Reaction score
toppo, if you do get an MT09 just make sure you get a good after-market seat. Especially if your back is playing you up a bit. The MT09 gets a bike like a MotoX seat after 40 miles (not as bad if you are wearing thick textiles)

toppo72

Reaction score
toppo, if you do get an MT09 just make sure you get a good after-market seat. Especially if your back is playing you up a bit. The MT09 gets a bike like a MotoX seat after 40 miles (not as bad if you are wearing thick textiles)
went with the new suzuki in the end gsx1000s wat a bike

drumwrecker

Reaction score
I'm waiting for an MT09 sports tourer with the ergonomics of my K1300s a brilliant bike but expensive on parts.

D

Deleted member 1834

cb1000r

hi all , ive got a cbr1000rr 2015 , but i want a more naked upright bike , as i get a bit of bak trouble on the cbr , getting old lol
ive test road a cb1000r and like it but dont like the look of it much,
but last week i put a depo down on a mt09 abs orange , as im waiting to the new reg comes out in sept
but cannot make my mind up t get the mt09 still and upgrade the suspention to ohlins , or just spend more and get the cb1000r
had two cb1000r s. rearly loved them, but found them not to comfortable on long run. have just got a MT 09 and rearly love it, does every thing you want of a motorcycle.

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
had two cb1000r s. rearly loved them, but found them not to comfortable on long run. have just got a MT 09 and rearly love it, does every thing you want of a motorcycle.
MT-09 is more fun to ride cause it's 30kg lighter than CB1000R and has the 3-mode which is a great advantage!
Enjoy your new "toy"...

D

Deleted member 1834

new mt09

MT-09 is more fun to ride cause it's 30kg lighter than CB1000R and has the 3-mode which is a great advantage!
Enjoy your new "toy"...
many thanks motorcycleboy, looking forward to the summer