My Modifications (mostly cheap)

julianziggy

Reaction score
Basically I go on this forum to see pictures of modifications people have done and what read about issues/good stuff that they've found out.

DSC_0659.jpg
this is the first modification i did. personally i think mirrors (all) are just stuck onto a bike after its been designed. they're made from little brackets i found at the push bike shop i work at, and the actual mirrors cost $1 each. they flip up for when im lane splitting and i have almost no blind spots (but yes, what i can see appears pretty small in the mirror)

DSC_0661.jpg
i found the dash to originally be tilted vertically too much. using little brackets (again) from the bike shop, i moved the dash down, out and tilted it forwards. i think it looks a bit cleaner and now i can actually see the rev count numbers.

DSC_0660.jpg
$30 chinese FZ1 leavers off ebay. i wanted short and they're sending them at the moment, but i think the grey goes perfectly with the bike. having an adjustable clutch is nice.

DSC_0662.jpg
hid the horn in the left fake air intake bit. re-routed the wire to go on the left of the head light instead of the right.

DSC_0663.jpg
brilliant idea from a french guy on this forum (@Djiepie or something). $16 4 wheels, not much for stainless bolts and threaded rod.

julianziggy

Reaction score
DSC_0651.jpg
here is a closer look at what i did with the dash

DSC_0649.jpgDSC_0650.jpgDSC_0648.jpg
so these are the only things which cost me any real amount of money. (150 for the TRex engine covers, 200 for SW Motech frame sliders). hopefully they work and i never have to find out if they do

DSC_0635.jpg
tail tidy. used the original plate holder without the extension arm. ive since tilted the plat up, which not only looks cooler, but also means it doesnt hit the tire when i go over big bumps!

julianziggy

Reaction score
DSC_0591.jpg
no need for expensive Evotech metal, just removed the pillion pegs and attached the master cylinder with a bolt.
I want to move it to the storage compartment closest to the tank, but i need to detach it from the hose, and im not sure if thats easy or not.

Ive also filed down the NISSIN logo on the rear brake calliper so that the silver aluminium is visible and that looks so much better than before.

DSC_0655.jpg
two straps did the job of holding my BMX on it.

Next modification will probably be an exhaust. It doesnt rain much in Perth but i do ride in the rain when it does so i might need so sort out the spray (i here its terrible from all the guys in the UK). AGV levers are on the list. and thats all...for now...

Stripy

Reaction score
Having 2 straps to hold the BMX, you think it is a safe approach as method of transportation?

julianziggy

Reaction score
it wouldnt be ideal for a lot of kms. it relies more than i'd like on the strap on the seat.

i used to do it all the time on my GPX but that that a hand rail. i was just happy it could be done on the MT

tox

Reaction score
Dude. If your happy, I'm happy. Alot of country's have one strap, 5 family members and a fridge.

tox

Reaction score
Its even more scary to be in amongst it. 100 scooters at one intersection, going in different directions. 5 people on a scooter and a baby in a backpack. The dad is the only one with a helmet. Cattle in the midst of it all. My wife crying cause she thinks we are going to die, screaming. I want to go home, and trying Dorothy click your heels. Me insanely laughing as I'm on the horn.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Its even more scary to be in amongst it. 100 scooters at one intersection, going in different directions. 5 people on a scooter and a baby in a backpack. The dad is the only one with a helmet. Cattle in the midst of it all. My wife crying cause she thinks we are going to die, screaming. I want to go home, and trying Dorothy click your heels. Me insanely laughing as I'm on the horn.
Now that sounds like a challenge lol

tox

Reaction score
May have to start another thread. Containing horny dads in heals vs cattle.