My new helmet: Shark Speed-R Carbon Skin

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Yesterday i bought the Shark Speed-R Carbon Skin instead of buying the HJC R-pha 10+.
In medium size the sticker says that is 1370g but when i put it on my kitchen's weighter i saw the number 1450.
In lower speeds is very quite but when i run in more than 100km it is very noisy... as much as my old flip-up Nolan N-103.
I'm on "break-in period" so the helmet doesh't fits my head like a "glove".
There is so many room in my ears when the chick pads fits very snug.
The Speed-R has snug fit around my head but i feel that has a lot of space on my neck... maybe the air noise become from there.
I hope that by using it will be better.
Big advantage is the internal sun-visor.
I found that the air ventilation is poor and the lower air intake is very fragile and disconnected very easy with just a simple pull.
Allthough i'm afraid that i hadn't took the best helmet between my 2 options

flydnb

Reaction score
the shoei nxr is brilliant I really cant fault it on anything to be honest.

stevecbr

Reaction score
was it expensive? I find the more expensive are not as comfy as cheaper ones. Arai, shoei and some AGV tend to push around my temple area, but Shark and Nolan I find comfier and fairly quiet

marcusfordus

Reaction score
A few hundred miles in my Schuberth and I can't fault it. It's so quiet, has incredible cooling, zero buffeting and fits perfect. You get what you pay for with one.

was it expensive? I find the more expensive are not as comfy as cheaper ones. Arai, shoei and some AGV tend to push around my temple area, but Shark and Nolan I find comfier and fairly quiet

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Day by day the helmet becomes better.
After a few hours of wearing it the foam gets the shape of my head and "sits" lower at my face. This helps at the reducing of internal noise and sometimes i realize that i have zero buffeting.
The visors are OK but it's difficult to open the external when is "nailed".
Allthough is a brand new helmet that needs a "break-in period".
I don't regret for my choice anymore..

adam

Reaction score
Ive got the speed R in the red/graphite colour and had it a while. All I can say is yes its comfy and looks great but damn its noisy. just avoid motorways and dual carriageway's and you'll be fine.

Y

youngy

you have to but what fits you. I find Arais are a very comfortable fit but cannot get an AGV on.