My race blue mt09

MATT09

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I took delivery of MT09 2 weeks ago. I love it to bits. I have ordered the softer seat and also the fly screen. Next will be an exhaust system. I think this bike is awesome. I do have 1 question for you all. Does any of you find it very noisy when trying to cruise on 100km/hr? I think it is high pitched intake noise. If i sit on 100km/h in 5th gear its fine but in 6th it's very annoying. If i cruise on 115km/h and over it's fine.

Reaction score
congratulations. have fun (=

its the the way to gears mesh that create that sound i think. someone else on here has said that to.
at 100km 5th is more suitable than 6th. basically if it makes that high pitch sound, go down a gear.

MATT09

Reaction score
ok thankyou. looks like 5th gear it is or speed everywhere.

Chuck

Reaction score
I find 3rd and 6th gear have a somewhat whiney noise. Not really bothered about it.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

W8ENN

Reaction score
I wear earplugs because of tinnitus and it still annoys the shit put of me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W8ENN

Reaction score
I love wine. Second favourite thing in the whole wide world. Beer being first obviously.

W8ENN

Reaction score
Of sorry you said whine. My mrs does that!!

Twozup

Reaction score
Yep agree the whine eventually disappears. Whether it really does or whether it just becomes background white noise I've still to work out but I don't hear it anymore.

Click [HERE] then {HERE}

flydnb

Reaction score
everything in your gearbox is bedding in it should decrease after first oil change and keep decreasing over time.

MATT09

Reaction score
thank you flydnb. It's having it's 1st service tomorrow

Reaction score
everything in your gearbox is bedding in it should decrease after first oil change and keep decreasing over time.

A little valve grinding paste will speed up that bedding in time :) How do people find the aerodynamic noise at the 150-180 kmh range?

Twozup

Reaction score
How do people find the aerodynamic noise at the 150-180 kmh range?

Depends what helmet I wear Stealth
If I have my full face Suomi on it's pretty quiet in there (it's very plush!!)

With the Moto-x helmet n goggles (or my new cheapo lidl flip up)! I have to wear earplugs

As a nekked bike it's always going to be noisy up there in the wind- it's all about the helmet

Click [HERE] then {HERE}

Reaction score
As a nekked bike it's always going to be noisy up there in the wind- it's all about the helmet

I remember on my old FZ-1 that the mirrors were a source of turbulence and thus created buffet/helmet noise. That was the sort of thing I had in mind rather than the quietness of the helmet as such.itself.

Twozup

Reaction score
Got you- I wouldn't say there was any real source of ( as James May would say) "Buffeting, Buffeting....."
Wind is pretty much full on at anything over 80mph (on a private test track/ closed road officer)

Click [HERE] then {HERE}

MATT09

Reaction score
im to busy hanging on and watching for pot holes at that speed on our crap roads here. opened it up a bit today after 1st service. love the noise it makes when accelerating hard. hanging for new exhaust. which one do you all recommend? akra or 2 bros?