My Toy

My Toy

Reaction score
First real ride out today since collecting bike last Friday. Cat & Fiddle towards Macclesfield. Adjusted CO to 14 on all cylinders, chicken strips eliminated.

Attachments

MT09_Shaggy

Reaction score
First real ride out today since collecting bike last Friday. Cat & Fiddle towards Macclesfield. Adjusted CO to 14 on all cylinders, chicken strips eliminated.
Good work mate, Pete mentioned he'd seen you. He was very complimentary about your MT !

Not altered the CO yet. Is it worth doing ?

Shaggy

My Toy

Reaction score
Good work mate, Pete mentioned he'd seen you. He was very complimentary about your MT !

Not altered the CO yet. Is it worth doing ?

Shaggy
He was kind of ignoring me as I followed him through Kimberworth. Was thinking about hoisting a big wheelie as I went past him to attract his attention but I doubt he'd have seen the funny side:eek:. Are you gonna be at SMC any time this week? Or even the complex? I'd kinda like to show the lads the toy:p

Re the Co settings it does feel smoother picking up the throttle from closed in "A" mode, the only one to use IMHO. It also helps to take as much slack out of the throttle cable as you can safely do without affecting it on full lock.

Last edited:

MT09_Shaggy

Reaction score
He was kind of ignoring me as I followed him through Kimberworth. Was thinking about hoisting a big wheelie as I went past him to attract his attention but I doubt he'd have seen the funny side:eek:. Are you gonna be at SMC any time this week? Or even the complex? I'd kinda like to show the lads the toy:p

Re the Co settings it does feel smoother picking up the throttle from closed in "A" mode, the only one to use IMHO. It also helps to take as much slack out of the throttle cable as you can safely do without affecting it on full lock.
On off road course till Thursday mate, been getting back about 3. Working days on Friday, will be popping in SMC around 11 for a brew if nothing happening. Be nice to see you mate and your new lady !

Done the CO change today to 14. Only had a quick run, but instantly felt better. You'll have to show me the cable adjustment.

My Toy

Reaction score
SMC @ 11 it is. Cable adjuster is just behind the instrument cluster, clamped to the brake hose.

Last edited:

andypandy

Reaction score
Nice bike Toy, I have had my CMC kr ltd (limited to how many they can sell i think!) i few month now very pleased with it.The paint seem to be good quality but i have a few chips on front mudguard so i have put a bit of carbon tape down it.
The suspension feels a bit cheap to me when you are at full chat it starts to flap about a bit but then again I think if you need to be going that quick ALL the time then i got the the wrong bike.I packed the fireblade etc in a few years back (old age!) so a light flick-able bike like the MT is ideal for me (nearly as quick as my last speedtriple) I have a ORIGINAL KANGOL Kenny Roberts lid in the garage but it must be .....er.....um thirty years old now so best leave it there!
I should see you guys about as iam in rotherham area usally heading towards cadwell tho.

My Toy

Reaction score
Thanks andypandy. I agree re the suspension, I've been playing with the settings although I've only covered 300 miles yet. I can't seem to find a nice balance yet, I ramped it right up to max as I am 90kg without gear and it was bouncing all over the place and am steadily backing it off a bit at a time but it's the lousy damping pogo stick action at the front that's frustrating me the most so far. I do like the sound of the standard exhaust though and may spend the first money on the suspension.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

andypandy

Reaction score
Thanks andypandy. I agree re the suspension, I've been playing with the settings although I've only covered 300 miles yet. I can't seem to find a nice balance yet, I ramped it right up to max as I am 90kg without gear and it was bouncing all over the place and am steadily backing it off a bit at a time but it's the lousy damping pogo stick action at the front that's frustrating me the most so far. I do like the sound of the standard exhaust though and may spend the first money on the suspension.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
hi Toy, IAM 12 stone (dint know you had kg in Barnsley? we ant?) doing same as you with suspension got preload on the back one off from max and just adjusting rebound a click at a time.Dont think experts know if the "floating sensation" is from the forks or the shock? I do know that the problem (if you can call it that) is that there is no comp damping on front or back but it dunt bother me much so will stick with standard forks,it is said tho the shock from a ZX10 works well so if i get one dirt cheap i could see that working well? As the set up works well up to "normal" speeds i think it must be lack of Damping so no point winding fork preload right in as it will prob spoil the ride (and still dive) I have 4 rings showing. Top notch suspenders ie street triple r, is a lotter better controlled at silly speed but it ant got the MT's kick up the arse for similar lolly so Yamaha cut a few corners.I bet the dint plan on us mad British trying to hurtle down "roads" resembling dirt tracks anyway! all good fun.I like the standard exhaust too so that as you say will save a few squid,,,,, Mmmm some Nice Sticky Diablo's would be nice.Oh and some.......