New member welcome thread..

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Many of new members join and don't introduce themselves so I've added this thread
for all to introduce yourself....

I will go first...

Hi all I am From Vancouver BC Canada. I started this site due to a lack of sites dedicated to the Yamaha MT-09 and FZ-09 Motorcycles...

It doesn't matter how crappy a day I have had, all I have to do is put on my gear and go.... The world disappears... I am an Engineer and currently work rebuilding crash
damaged helicopters and Teach aircraft maintenance at the British Columbia Institute of Technology ..... Okay enough about me... Who is next....

Dennis (aka Admin)

Attachments

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
I'm #2?Muwahahaha I feel like i'm working for Dr Evil now lol

I'm over on the Fz6r-forum sister site, same name.I plan to pay off my Fz6r so I have a bike for touring/commuting, then buy a Mt-09 to play on around town.So i'm probably looking at a 2015.

Thanks alot for the site Admin, i'm really looking forward to seeing this community grow.

Attachments

CHRISPY

Reaction score
CHRISPY here.

I'm a just a simple, displaced east-coaster in the country of Kanuckstan (Canada), currently working in the land of poutine and corruption (Quebec) for a gas turbine OEM.

Rabbitman109

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Rabbitman, aka Chad. I am a member at all the FZ forums. I really like the look of the FZ-09. Can't say that it will be better than my FZ1, but I am offering my services here too, to complete the FZ family of retrofitting.

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
Rabbitman, aka Chad. I am a member at all the FZ forums. I really like the look of the FZ-09. Can't say that it will be better than my FZ1, but I am offering my services here too, to complete the FZ family of retrofitting.
Its nice to see some familiar faces stopping bye, thanks for signing up Chad, it will be nice having you around.

Attachments

Brock Kickass

Reaction score
Hi, all. jacobdahl on the other forums. Changed my name because we started using this nickname at work (sarcastically) and thought it was pretty funny. Anyway, I like the cats on the FZ1 and FZ6R forums so much I just couldn't pass on this one.

xXAvroArrowXx

Reaction score
CHRISPY here.

I'm a just a simple, displaced east-coaster in the country of Kanuckstan (Canada), currently working in the land of poutine and corruption (Quebec) for a gas turbine OEM.
P&W Chrispy?

2011 FZ8 owner. Not planning on switching... Just being a watcher to see what the FZ-09 turns out to be.

- Avro

JSP

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cant wait to start seeing these bikes on the floor. Really want to see one in person. Waiting for MPG figures!!!

BDazzler

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm an active member on the FZ1 site and have memberships on the FZ6R and FZ8 sites, but I don't post much there (BDazzler everywhere). I have a 2007 FZ1 in the faster cobalt blue :p I'm happy to see this forum pop up so quickly. Thanks Dennis!

I'm trying to help my wife move up from her 2009 Ninja 250R. We are looking at the FZ6R, Ninja 650, FZ8 and now the FZ-09. I'm not sure she is sold on the 'naked' bike, so we will have to see how the FZ-09 fits her first. Anyone looking to sell an FZ6R close to east central IL?

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
Cant wait to start seeing these bikes on the floor. Really want to see one in person. Waiting for MPG figures!!!
I read an estimated 150mile range.Supposedly it has a new fuel pump that doesn't take up as much space in the tank.But i'm guessing it has more to do with the low end torque.We might be able to cruise at lower rpm that would lug a 4cyl

JSP

Super Moderator
Reaction score
150 range would be perfect for me and may seal the deal. 3.7 gallon tank is small. So if the MPG can make up for the lack in size, I'm game. Now the question would be... what MPG and range will it get when I am raping it through the hills??? :)

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
150 range would be perfect for me and may seal the deal. 3.7 gallon tank is small. So if the MPG can make up for the lack in size, I'm game. Now the question would be... what MPG and range will it get when I am raping it through the hills??? :)
Lol probably like a 60 mile range with my luck.I struggle to get 40mpg from the 6r, i'll believe it when I see it.But I read it so I have a little hope

JSP

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lol probably like a 60 mile range with my luck.I struggle to get 40mpg from the 6r, i'll believe it when I see it.But I read it so I have a little hope
I hear ya. I get on average 40 MPG with my Bandit and that is a 1200. Crazy how different size engines, etc can get the mileage they do and some get absolute crap. We'll see... that will be my biggest watching point with this bike.

Rabbitman109

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, United States
I get an average of 38 MPG on my FZ1, and I am sure that the FZ-09 being a smaller displacement and triple will do better on gas than the FZ1. Plus not to mention the different driving "modes". I think it is possible, but I guess we will see how it plays out.

JSP

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I get an average of 38 MPG on my FZ1, and I am sure that the FZ-09 being a smaller displacement and triple will do better on gas than the FZ1. Plus not to mention the different driving "modes". I think it is possible, but I guess we will see how it plays out.
Yeah, the driving modes should help, but its when I would be on the "shit just got real" mode that I need the MPG haha. But like I said, as long as I could get around 140 of safe driving a tank, I dont think that would be an issue.

windywildwendy

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name is Windy Wild Wendy, lol.
Windy because I’m from Chicago, which also known as the windy city (it really is windy), lol.
Wild because that’s how I roll, I love hanging out with my friends and having a good time.
Wendy because…that’s who I am :)
I'm really looking forward to see this community grow

JSP

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name is Windy Wild Wendy, lol.
Windy because I’m from Chicago, which also known as the windy city (it really is windy), lol.
Wild because that’s how I roll, I love hanging out with my friends and having a good time.
Wendy because…that’s who I am :)
I'm really looking forward to see this community grow

Welcome!!! :)