New member with a few questions

Shaun64

Reaction score
Hi all i test rode a tracer today and i am impressed with how much fun it was,my only complaint was the set was ibit hard,i thought the suspension was better than I expected,my questions are whats the yamaha heated grips like? And what else is worth considering? Ive traded in a 2014 triumph daytona 675 which I liked but i wanted something more comfortable,i test rode the tiger 800 roadie but they are very dull ,my first impressions are the tracer is a fun bike.cheers.

nibor

Reaction score
Yamaha Heated Grips

Hi Shaun 64
In answer to your question what are the "Yamaha Heated Grips like", I have them fitted to my MT0-9 Abs and I am very disappointed with the temperature they achieve (maximum with 3 lights on).

They cost me £180 and were fitted by the Yam. dealer where I bought the bike from, and when compared with the Oxford and the R & G heated grips (which are half the price) and get really hot, so much so that they were never set at their maximum on my previous bikes.

Beware, hope this helps.

Nibor

Spook99

Reaction score
Hi Shaun,

Don't know if the Yammy grips are better on the Tracer than the standard bike but mine are perfect. Firstly they work really well, start with them on 3 and then have to turn them down to 1 or 2, as 3 is too hot for my summer gloves, heat up quick and turn off with the ignition.
The other thing I love is that they're completely integrated, so no wires coming out or effing great control boxes mounted on the bars, its all operated neatly through the existing switches and displayed on the instrument panel and they were only about £35 more than oxford.

I'd go Yammy all day long. Enjoy

Sven

Reaction score
Have to agree with Spook99, mine are great. Far too hot on the highest setting, I usually have mine on low (3) or medium (4) but this would depend on which gloves you wear. I love the integrated controls in the dash & lack of wiring on show.
I also thought list price on the Yamaha website was £145 - though i negotiated a bit of discount when i bought my bike & only paid £115. £180 does seem steep to me.
But on my last 2 bikes i fitted R &G and oxford grips which i paid between £30-£40 for. They both worked well but i just didn't fancy all that wiring & extra control box on the Tracer.

MJ09

Reaction score
UK, Midlands between coventry and Birmingham
Yup I agree with most posts above, On my tracer setting 3 is too hot with thin gloves, actually, yesterday at 10c setting 2 was too hot as well...I fitted them myself, its quite easy following the instructions, and they are much more tidy than the non genuine ones.

Shaun64

Reaction score
Cheers everyone ive ordered the yamaha ones fitted £175 which I didn't think was too bad.