New mt09 on the way

Hammy

Reaction score
Hey folks,
Just had part exchanged my 2014 r1200gs in (plus cash) for a 2014 mt09 abs. I'm due to pick up the bike in 3 weeks and am very much looking forward to my new bike.

Bike before that was an r1 and before that a versys 650. I'm very much looking forward to getting back on a japanese machine. See you all on the forums :)

flydnb

Reaction score
Hey folks,
Just had part exchanged my 2014 r1200gs in (plus cash) for a 2014 mt09 abs. I'm due to pick up the bike in 3 weeks and am very much looking forward to my new bike.

Bike before that was an r1 and before that a versys 650. I'm very much looking forward to getting back on a japanese machine. See you all on the forums :)
welcome mate one guy on here called Birdy did the opposite to you he had an MT and exchanged it for a GS because the power was to much , and another guy swapped his for an fz8 because the acceleration was to brutal for him too, word is that hes been in quite a few Harley dealers in the south so I think hes heading towards a pushrod v twin American bike with tassels and leather side bags , hes a good ol boy ye haaah.

Hammy

Reaction score
welcome mate one guy on here called Birdy did the opposite to you he had an MT and exchanged it for a GS because the power was to much , and another guy swapped his for an fz8 because the acceleration was to brutal for him too, word is that hes been in quite a few Harley dealers in the south so I think hes heading towards a pushrod v twin American bike with tassels and leather side bags , hes a good ol boy ye haaah.
Cheers :)

the GS is no slouch either, but it's all in the wrist :).....its a very civilised bike but, for the money, it has too many flaws. I know I'll miss her though, because she is a great bike.

I looked at the fz range, but for me, it's a step backwards when we have the mt range. I had the flashtune interface to "tinker" with my r1 ecu and I notice they do it for the mt09....but I'll maybe stick with what I have for now :)

Hmmmm, harley, I think I'll pass on the mid life thing for now, but you never know :)

flydnb

Reaction score
you can get a ecu flash from a guy on here that gives more bhp and better performance but he hasn't got a map for the ABS ecu at the mo, and I have an ABS like your getting, the guy that's getting a Harley is the man to talk with about the ECU , its Richie (tripletrouble] soon to be Vtwin victor.

fizzy

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Welcome mate I am sure you will get on fine with the MT my last bike of many was a 4c8 r1 I don't miss it a bit the 09 is mental, ,, get it flashed of Simon makes a brilliant bike even better, , enjoy:cool:

Hammy

Reaction score
you can get a ecu flash from a guy on here that gives more bhp and better performance but he hasn't got a map for the ABS ecu at the mo, and I have an ABS like your getting, the guy that's getting a Harley is the man to talk with about the ECU , its Richie (tripletrouble] soon to be Vtwin victor.
Cheers mate. I'll assess the bike and maybe look to get this done.

I've got to admit, I love the Harley's, but I'm not ready for one yet. I have been to the harley dealership for a nosey a couple of times :)

Hammy

Reaction score
Welcome mate I am sure you will get on fine with the MT my last bike of many was a 4c8 r1 I don't miss it a bit the 09 is mental, ,, get it flashed of Simon makes a brilliant bike even better, , enjoy:cool:
Cheers fizzy, my r1 was a 4c8 too. I do miss it, but ive missed something about every bike I've owned.

really looking forward to this one :cool:

fizzy

Reaction score
Cheers fizzy, my r1 was a 4c8 too. I do miss it, but ive missed something about every bike I've owned.

really looking forward to this one :cool:
All I can say about the MT is that it's one of the most fun bikes I have ever owned, let me know how you get on with it mate hopefully the weather will improve sooner than later so you can get the best out of you new toy

lee1980

Reaction score
Welcome, I to am waiting for mine, hopefully next week sometime now its currently on its way to dealer from Yamaha uk.
I had an R1200s do luv the flat twin boxer.